PDA

View Full Version : Need advise !

Class 66
24th Mar 2005, 10:06 AM
Hi,

I just brought some Cherry shrimps and placed them in an cycled tank, after about couple of hours, I notice that there were lots of tiny white granular particles lying at the bottom of the tank. Can anyone enlighten me what's that? Thanks! :confused: :confused: :confused:

DragonLor
24th Mar 2005, 10:30 AM
I think is their digested food(shit) :D

Walter
24th Mar 2005, 12:15 PM
hmm i dont think their waste is white but black? :confused: how small are the particles? size of a sand? if so its too large to be cherry waste as well.. :confused:

Class 66
24th Mar 2005, 01:06 PM
hmm i dont think their waste is white but black? :confused: how small are the particles? size of a sand? if so its too large to be cherry waste as well.. :confused:

Hi....

The 'particulars' are white / off-white in color and the size about slightly less than 1 mm. Almost all are of the same shape and size. When I brought them back yesterday, I haven't been feeding them yet.... :o

:confused: :confused:

simcb
24th Mar 2005, 01:22 PM
Does those things move(alive?)
If did you dose beneficial bacteria (powder form?)

So far never experience so call white things before.
Only seem them on driftwoods.(fungus(white fluffy things))

Can help you better if you get show a picture or two.

Class 66
24th Mar 2005, 01:36 PM
Does those things move(alive?)
If did you dose beneficial bacteria (powder form?)

So far never experience so call white things before.
Only seem them on driftwoods.(fungus(white fluffy things))

Can help you better if you get show a picture or two.

Don't think they are alive.......not moving but the shape look like grain of rice, only much smaller, not fluffy infact quite smooth... Try to take pic this evening..... :wink:

Anyone have pic of eggs or laver of those low order shrimp like Yamato? Would like to compare if the same :)

Pconnieae
24th Mar 2005, 09:07 PM
Cherry shrimps are high order shrimps. They don't lay eggs. They gave birth to shrimplets not larvae.
Class 66, the particles at the bottom of your tank could be eggs. When pregnant females are stressed (for example when you put them in a new tank) they often get rid of all their eggs. These eggs won't release shrimplets, they will die :( .

jojoecute
24th Mar 2005, 10:37 PM
Agreed with what Pconnieae had mentioned...

My Tiger too had this problem...

Walter
24th Mar 2005, 11:28 PM
thats very wasted :( nvm I'm sure they will breed again when they are stabled in your tank :)

Class 66
26th Mar 2005, 03:30 PM
Thanks guys!

Appreciate all the feedbacks, guess I still have a lots to learn from you guys down here. :)

P/s couldn't get a DC so cannot take pic....sorry!

Regards,