PDA

View Full Version : Mutate from Neocaridina Species

Xmant
15th Feb 2011, 11:54 AM
Have this shrimp for quite awhile. Still in the process of refining them. Hope you like it!:D:D

http://alansim.free.fr/ERed1.JPG

2Toned
15th Feb 2011, 12:41 PM
Very nice. Would you call that a Fire Engine Red? Or is it a basic Sakura?

Xmant
15th Feb 2011, 12:46 PM
It doesn't look like Sakura or Fire Red, a mutate from there. The body is very close to transparent whereas Sakura & Fire Red are more or less opaque.

When under strong light, it looked like luminous red.

blacksheep998
15th Feb 2011, 02:00 PM
Very nice shrimp. I have one red cherry that has that thick but transparent red color on her back, it's almost as bright as yours though not quite. And its doesn't cover her all either. I've been hoping to breed up some nice ones from her, as the rest of my RCS colony is pretty poor colored.

2Toned
15th Feb 2011, 02:36 PM
It doesn't look like Sakura or Fire Red, a mutate from there. The body is very close to transparent whereas Sakura & Fire Red are more or less opaque.

When under strong light, it looked like luminous red.

OK, so that's what's different.

I have 00's of RCS, but only use them as fish food - been concentrating on CR shrimp. Since visiting here recently, I have come to appreciate their potential for variation. I'm now going to selectively breed from them. This is something else to look out for.

zacks
15th Feb 2011, 09:54 PM
OK, so that's what's different.

I have 00's of RCS, but only use them as fish food - been concentrating on CR shrimp. Since visiting here recently, I have come to appreciate their potential for variation. I'm now going to selectively breed from them. This is something else to look out for.

lol cherry for fish food .....nice maybe it's cheap at australia ? or u you found hard to looking a real shrimp for fish

zane
16th Feb 2011, 04:25 AM
It looks like the mutation makes the shell thinner, not sure why. This is extremely cool, do they breed well? And is their lifespan the same?
The reason I ask is to find out what is causing the thinner shell, I suspect something with calcium. Oh and if it does breed do all the offspring look like this or only a few?

Any name ideas?

Xmant
16th Feb 2011, 07:23 AM
I have 3 of these shrimps out from the whole batch. This is the most extreme and perfect piece that I got. This female didn't breed well, dropped eggs twice. Currently, she is still in pregnant for the 3rd time. However, I managed to get some offsprings from the other parents, about 8mm now. The color will get more intense as it grows more mature. Hopefully, I could find some gems amongst them.

zane
16th Feb 2011, 08:10 AM
Awe, than calcium might be the problem. They might have a calcium difiency or the proteins coded for using calcium to make the shell may have changed, something along those lines. This could be why she's dropping her eggs, but hopefully not. I'd say the mutation might affect breeding since you said that she's the most extreme and she's the one dropping her eggs. Keep those little ones alive, I can't wait to see the next generation :D

Nice picture by the way

Xmant
16th Feb 2011, 09:28 AM
She looked like this when she was very young.

http://alansim.free.fr/BabyR.JPG

koji™
16th Feb 2011, 06:27 PM
Nice!!!~ Definately look good good!!!

gr81
16th Feb 2011, 08:55 PM
nearly like Red Ruby, cool

Frank
17th Feb 2011, 12:35 AM
Very nice and interesting coloration.
I hope you get similar offspring.

zane
17th Feb 2011, 03:38 AM
Wow even as a baby she looked awesome! this is definetly the coolest breed of neocaridina heteropoda I've seen

Speedie408
17th Feb 2011, 10:25 AM
Wow, that is a very nice looking shrimp!

Xmant
17th Feb 2011, 10:57 PM
Nice!!!~ Definately look good good!!!

nearly like Red Ruby, cool

Wow even as a baby she looked awesome! this is definetly the coolest breed of neocaridina heteropoda I've seen

Wow, that is a very nice looking shrimp!

Thanks.

Very nice and interesting coloration.
I hope you get similar offspring.

I hope so, thanks.

Xmant
17th Feb 2011, 11:00 PM
I think I will name them as Red Star. She glows in pink/red light.:D

zane
18th Feb 2011, 05:32 AM
I like it! :D very attractive breed, can't wait to see the next generations!

peanut8787
18th Feb 2011, 09:35 AM
Very nice red. :)

gr81
18th Feb 2011, 06:01 PM
Pity it is not a male :)

Xmant
18th Feb 2011, 07:28 PM
I like it! :D very attractive breed, can't wait to see the next generations!
Me too, waiting for something to surprise me...:D:D

Very nice red. :)
Thanks.

Pity it is not a male :)
Male could also be non productive too. Therefore, there is nothing to be pity for.

gr81
18th Feb 2011, 07:35 PM
Male could also be non productive too. Therefore, there is nothing to be pity for.
True, but for backcrossing is that better. :D

Fento
18th Feb 2011, 08:07 PM
wow! what a nice coloured shrimp! congratulations! How do you do the selection, just more intense couloured inverts, in base of their legs colour...?
Whatever it is, no doubt that you're doing a good job!

Fento
18th Feb 2011, 08:16 PM
wow! what a nice coloured shrimp! congratulations! How do you do the selection, just more intense couloured inverts, in base of their legs colour...?

imke_j
18th Feb 2011, 08:30 PM
A very nice shrimp with a new color density - hopefully, you can build up a small group with it! Looks like 2011 will be the year of new and beautiful neocardina :)

Fento
18th Feb 2011, 08:51 PM

zane
19th Feb 2011, 05:55 AM
A very nice shrimp with a new color density - hopefully, you can build up a small group with it! Looks like 2011 will be the year of new and beautiful neocardina :)

Agreed, Neocaridina is on a roll this year! This is my favorite breed so far though!

Xmant
19th Feb 2011, 10:54 AM
This species may take at least 2 generations to refine their color tone as the female I had shown. The juveniles from the other female have shown similar characteristics but the color are still not there yet.

zane
19th Feb 2011, 11:11 AM
Yea I'd say youare going to need to make a few generations until you reach that color again

skud
22nd Feb 2011, 04:28 AM
So nice , hope you get more ;)

Xmant
25th Feb 2011, 11:54 AM

Agreed, Neocaridina is on a roll this year! This is my favorite breed so far though!

So nice , hope you get more ;)

Thanks, I hope so too!:D

CyRuS_ViRuS
8th Apr 2011, 11:53 PM
My god!!! you have neocaridina heteropoda red FERRARI !!! I want one, I think schumacher will too.

imke_j
3rd Jun 2011, 10:53 PM
@Xmant: Any news from this ladybug shrimp?

silane
4th Jun 2011, 04:04 AM
I have 3 of these shrimps out from the whole batch. This is the most extreme and perfect piece that I got. This female didn't breed well, dropped eggs twice. Currently, she is still in pregnant for the 3rd time. However, I managed to get some offsprings from the other parents, about 8mm now. The color will get more intense as it grows more mature. Hopefully, I could find some gems amongst them.

Is this the offspring of what I gave you?

kboycor
4th Jun 2011, 04:57 AM
very nice collor.
I wish that i had a aquarium full of them

Soothing Shrimp
27th Sep 2011, 11:11 PM
Is there an update on these?

Xmant
28th Sep 2011, 05:34 PM
@Xmant: Any news from this ladybug shrimp?
Too bad, I lost the pregnant female after my posting a few day later.
Recently, I found another extreme one in my tank. Still trying to breed and get some specimen amongst them.

Is this the offspring of what I gave you?
It appeared after 2 gens that you have given me.

very nice collor.
I wish that i had a aquarium full of them
Thank, I wish too. Not all will turn out this color.