PDA

View Full Version : What size are newborn CR's?

Hans
6th Dec 2005, 01:32 AM
I have literally 100's of tiny - and I mean really tiny - white creatures zipping through my tank and hanging out on the glass, preferably on the side where daylight is the brightest. The size of those little creatures is about the size of the dot behind each sentence, maybe 3 pixels. They are too small to be photographed.
I also have several females carrying eggs but since my tank is heavily planted I don't see them all the time to be able to tell if their babies have hatched yet although the other day I've seen a shrimp the size of this comma ,

Thanks for your input!

Hans

Pconnieae
6th Dec 2005, 01:40 AM
Hi,

a new born shrimp is about 2 or 3 mm. It is a miniature version of the adults ;) .

vinnymac
6th Dec 2005, 07:26 AM
Baby shrimp look exactly like the adults but are very small...usually 1-2mm at birth.

The animals you are describing are common in shrimp tanks...they appear to be some kind of water flea or something. I have them in my tanks but I usually siphon them out with water changes.

tsia
6th Dec 2005, 04:34 PM
Reduce your feeding and these will reduce, this is what I did to my tank. I also added 2 OTO and now they are all gone.

NanoDave
21st Dec 2005, 05:45 AM
I have literally 100's of tiny - and I mean really tiny - white creatures zipping through my tank and hanging out on the glass, preferably on the side where daylight is the brightest. The size of those little creatures is about the size of the dot behind each sentence, maybe 3 pixels. They are too small to be photographed.
I also have several females carrying eggs but since my tank is heavily planted I don't see them all the time to be able to tell if their babies have hatched yet although the other day I've seen a shrimp the size of this comma ,

Thanks for your input!

Hans

Those are water fleas