PDA

View Full Version : Sakura Royal Blood

gothlord
8th Feb 2011, 03:42 AM
Here a line of Sakuras i have worked a long time. Let me know your opinnion.

kind regards to all,

R

zane
8th Feb 2011, 04:08 AM
Whoa! I can't see the pics that you attached but i see your pic on your profile, very nice! I like how it has a pattern, a dark area and a semi-dark red area, makes it look almost purple! Good job, how long did it take you to create this strain?

Fento
8th Feb 2011, 04:09 AM
Awesome!! I've just looking them at your gallery a few minutes ago. I love them!!
I got some questions:
What kind of substrate is this? i've never seen such "soil-balls".... I like it!
Have you observed any "anormality" on selection? I mean, if they reproduce less once they get more selected, if offspring behaviour is different... something like that
Is the color stable?

Time ago I found something on D.Blankerhaus Flickr check this image: http://www.flickr.com/photos/blankenhaus/4672991478/ and I've read something about Sakura "purple velvet", I don't know if all of them are refered to a similar colour. Maybe sakuras with a good selective line may turn to very different colours in a future.

Keep going, you're doing great with your line!!

gothlord
8th Feb 2011, 04:09 AM
now i hope you can see the pictures better. i uploaded them again in better resolution

zane
8th Feb 2011, 04:18 AM
Oh yes i can see them now. Again, very very nice! That is a cool color strain you have made!

gothlord
8th Feb 2011, 04:21 AM
Hi Fento,

the substrate i used here is from Dennerle, it is ment to increase the filtration capacity reducing NH3,NO2,NO3 up to N2. It is ment more for ponds but for me it is an ideal substrate for shrimps ( still i would not use it on high CRS).

No anormality in selection/ behaviour/producing offspring, they are pretty hardy. Just the level of selection was extremely high ( sometimes less than 2 % ). I checked the link from Mr Blankenhaus, those are pretty nice too but you can see the different pattern and the deepness of the dark violet). Now I am moving to generation 9 and they seem stable in quality.

Fento
8th Feb 2011, 04:36 AM
It really seems a good substrate, thanks for your answer!
I agree with you, pattern and colour are quite different, you have a nice depured line! (I'm drooling hehehe)
Good luck with your future generations.... I'll keep an eye on them so dont forget to inform from time to time :thumbsup:

TripleLexx
9th Feb 2011, 07:32 AM
Wow these are very attractive shrimp!
Agree with Zane's comments, great look, they do look almost purple.

I am confused about their lineage though, so you're saying they're essentially selectively bred Neocaridina Heteropoda?

Again, looking great, really unusual!

skud
22nd Feb 2011, 04:26 AM
Nice shrimps :)

gothlord
27th Mar 2011, 06:10 PM
Althought itīs been 2 month from the point I isolated the few individuals, there is still no female berried, it seems it will take much longer for getting some more of these shrimps, and selecting further this pattern and coloration.

gothlord
4th Apr 2011, 05:24 AM
OK the animal in the picture I posted (also on my avatar) is now about to be adult.

I can presume now that this fenotype involves at least 1 ( personally i presume 2) mutations (one for pattern one for color). The animals do not multiply easy at all,as i am still waiting for some berried females.

imke_j
11th May 2011, 10:52 PM
I can presume now that this fenotype involves at least 1 ( personally i presume 2) mutations (one for pattern one for color). The animals do not multiply easy at all,as i am still waiting for some berried females.
Do you have any berried females now or juveniles? I like the color very much, thus it seems to be double(?) recessive in some way; making breeding uneasy.

gothlord
12th May 2011, 01:44 AM
Hi Imke,

at this point situation is as follows. There are at least 4 different fenotypes.

only 3 Individuals ( 2 male one female ) are what i should call AA quality. They are separated from the rest of the group.

About 20 individuals are light purple in juvenile stage, and then the red from the sakura dominates the dark gene. Many of these have the "neon" backstripe. They are deep dark red sakuras in adulthood. These individuals are separated in another tank and there i have since 2 days a berried female ( i hope to achieve homozigots - that i then expect to be the AA quality).

At the point where the AA female will be berried i will mention it here, it seems all positive ( "neck with eggs") and waiting is hard sometimes.

Thank you for your interest,
R

koji™
12th May 2011, 11:25 AM
This is nice. I will name them Crimson Red Shrimp.:)

aquaddict
13th May 2011, 07:15 PM
Beautiful specimens! already have estalecida line breeding? All copies come you have to select the same or a lot? 1 greetings and good luck with them.

Fento
14th May 2011, 06:41 AM
OOOOOOOOOh my god! thats awesome! I'm freaking out! It's gonna be legen- wait for it..... -dary.
How does your males look like? do they have dark colours or just like "deep red" sakura.

gothlord
14th May 2011, 06:44 AM
http://www.shrimpnow.com/mygallery/showimage.php?i=4709&catid=member&imageuser=10346
Here a new picture of the latest stage of selection.

Aquaddict, sorry but i could not understand what you have meant in your rows.
Thank you for your greetings

gothlord
14th May 2011, 06:48 AM
i will add also a male:)

imke_j
15th May 2011, 01:06 PM
http://www.shrimpnow.com/mygallery/files/1/0/3/4/6/royal_blood_sakura_male.jpg
This is a really good male - thanks for keeping us informed!

kboycor
30th May 2011, 06:26 PM
Very nice, i have dident see this collor

gothlord
4th Jun 2011, 10:14 PM
HI there everyone,

i have come so far that i can give now some youngsters of the mid quality shrimps away. These are individuals that have genes of the Royal blood Sakura line and where selection can be continued to get AA quality individuals. So for those who are interested in this line , send me a mail and we will find a solution for transferring some.

kind regards

Zeth
5th Jun 2011, 03:18 PM
I like you work

imke_j
12th Sep 2011, 01:08 PM
Any news from that shrimp breeding group?

Soothing Shrimp
12th Oct 2011, 04:41 AM
I'd like to have an update, too. :)

Alyssa
28th Oct 2011, 05:28 PM
I didn't see a way to email you, but I for sure would love to acquire some of these lovely shrimps! I'd be happy to dedicate a tank just for them!

Soothing Shrimp
28th Oct 2011, 08:00 PM
Shipping and inspection fees would kill ya, Alyssa. ;)

Alyssa
29th Oct 2011, 04:33 AM
Really? How bad could it be?

Soothing Shrimp
29th Oct 2011, 08:19 AM
Well into the hundred of dollars. :)

Alyssa
29th Oct 2011, 09:08 AM
Hm, that alone doesn't bother me at all, but, ah, is there a price range that is perhaps ... a bit more specific? After all, hundreds of dollars could be anywhere from 200 to 900 ... that's a rather large range, hehe!

Soothing Shrimp
29th Oct 2011, 09:50 AM
You'd have to ask an importer that you hire for more specifics, since they have all the necessary licenses. Each will have his/her own prices.

fiticlay
11th Nov 2011, 01:05 AM
Incredible shrimps gothlord!

him0613
25th Nov 2011, 06:56 AM
Nice shrimp.u breed out

maxgl68
25th Nov 2011, 01:25 PM
Nice shrimps!

gothlord
14th Mar 2012, 08:59 PM
Hi there,

The entire Royal Blood Sakura group is at this point in Poland at Mr. Mateusz Pilat, who is working further on the selection of this lineage.

mati
21st Mar 2012, 03:06 AM
Hello,
Yes the shrimps are in my house.I will make a photos for a few days :)

lillith112
26th Mar 2012, 04:59 AM
Beautiful colour shrimps you have there, I thought I recognised your substrate, my dad has this in his pond filter, I will ask him what they are called, I would think they work well as they are designed to hold lots of good bacteria.