PDA

View Full Version : EHEIM CLASSIC 2213 PLUS

Soulsurf3r
4th Feb 2011, 07:22 AM
I bought this filter today, but i didn't open it yet... what do u think if i use it in a 30 litre tank :D?
Will shrimps be wrestling with current, or they will be ok with it?

Best regards...
Soul.

MananaP
4th Feb 2011, 07:34 AM
I bought this filter today, but i didn't open it yet... what do u think if i use it in a 30 litre tank :D?
Will shrimps be wrestling with current, or they will be ok with it?

Best regards...
Soul.

Classics come with disconnecting clamps where you can lower the current to desired levels. I'm using mostly eheims in all my tanks, not only they are very quite but you can control their flow rate. I use eheim 2217 classic on my 20g long lols...

Soulsurf3r
4th Feb 2011, 04:19 PM
hehe... i already put the filter working in the 30 litre tank for cycling...badass current :D... and i must get used to to the non-stopping little noise near my bed :D, if i try to choke the current with the clamps, the noise turns a bit louder.

I guess ill train my brain to ignore the sound and try to sleep lool.( its little noise but im not used to)

myles
6th May 2011, 12:09 PM
Hi Soulsurf3r another way to slow down current is drill the wholes in your spaybar lager 2 or 3 mm makes a big difference 1/8 inch as for noise you may have an air lock it shold work its way out try tilting the pump back and forth air should escape.

bikersoy
22nd May 2011, 08:48 AM
I have several different models EHEIM filters some very old but all very quiet.
Your air filter to your pump so noisy.
If the noise problem is out of the water can leave the black bar but with a slight slope so that water jets move water surface haughtily and get a break for your ears.

imke_j
22nd May 2011, 02:27 PM
My Eheim experience with the 2213 was not so good, as it did not run very quiet and I was not able to solve this even when unscrewing the head. Besides, you need to buy extra parts (pipe dividers) for everyday use, IMO. Eheim is a great manufacturer, thus I now changed to Eheim 2224 and am happier at all ;)

PedroDionisio
23rd May 2011, 06:20 PM
Olá Sergio

Wouldn't the 2211 be more than enough?
I'm asking because i'm trying to choose between 2211 and 2213 for 50 liters (i already have 2213 and seams to much)

flashsilva
24th May 2011, 06:28 AM
Soulsoufer.

I use 2213 in 30L and Ecco 2231 in 25L.

They are many ways to decrese the current, MananaP and Myles said the best ways.

Good luck.

Phoenix
25th May 2011, 05:49 PM
Hello,

@PedroDionisio, i use the 2211 in a 60L tank and is more than enough.

Best Regards.

PedroDionisio
25th May 2011, 05:56 PM
Great info I'm thinking of buying one to replace my fluval2
I already have the 2213 and now eheim Classic are my favourice filters...

Danimals
20th Oct 2011, 02:17 PM
It's pretty easy to manage flow without buying anything extra, just position the spray bar below your waterline near the top of your tank and aim it at a slight angle upwards, adjust with flow controls as desired..this also does a great job at keeping your tank aerated and prevents any disgusting protein shimmer from developing.