PDA

View Full Version : Here's My Preg Diamond (F1) just to share

simcb
3rd Dec 2005, 04:29 PM
Hi,

I have just learn how to use my Pentax Optio 55's auto micro focus. Just to share my joy, i am expecting another wave of babies :D Yeah!

Pregnant Bold Female posing
http://www.shrimpnow.com/mygallery/files/2/0/Pregwilddiamondfemale.jpg

Two Pregnant females
*Sorry for the blur pic could only auto focus one of them.* :p
http://www.shrimpnow.com/mygallery/files/2/0/PregWildfemalediamondgroup.jpg

I just love their brown snouts and tails :embarasse .

alien07
3rd Dec 2005, 06:01 PM
Nice bro! ;) hope all turns out super chio.

Walter
3rd Dec 2005, 06:54 PM
The white stones in your set up looks like eggs. lol

Congrats to you and hope they grow up well! :D

simcb
3rd Dec 2005, 10:21 PM
Thanks for the comments.

Actually those egg looking white stuff are nitrate reducing stuff from this brand tetra, tested it. Well it didnt work but they didnt hurt my shrimps too so i just leave them in there.

gr81
4th Dec 2005, 12:07 AM
What is the substrate?

kross
4th Dec 2005, 12:11 AM
What is the substrate?

Looks like ADA.

Simcb, nice diamond shrimps. I can't seem to keep them alive...

silane
4th Dec 2005, 12:17 AM
Hi,

I have just learn how to use my Pentax Optio 55's auto micro focus. Just to share my joy, i am expecting another wave of babies :D Yeah!

Nice, I like the wilderness of the patten and variation in color. :)

simcb
4th Dec 2005, 03:34 AM
What is the substrate?

I am using Ada soil.

NanoDave
4th Dec 2005, 03:41 AM
Where do you buy the white round stones? Can they be recharged? :)

simcb
5th Dec 2005, 09:21 AM
Where do you buy the white round stones? Can they be recharged? :)

I bought them at a LFS near my place. Dont bother to buy them NanoDave they dont work, water change works the best for removing nitrate for me unless you planning to DIY a denitrator :rolleyes:.

spinex
5th Dec 2005, 09:31 AM
I bought them at a LFS near my place. Dont bother to buy them NanoDave they dont work, water change works the best for removing nitrate for me unless you planning to DIY a denitrator :rolleyes:.

Maybe NanoDave want to pound the white ball into powder and feed to CRS to improve the white ! You know he always have interesting and innovative idea. :D

NanoDave
5th Dec 2005, 12:51 PM
I'm currently using frequent water change method too.. but it is hard for me to adjust the water pH and hardness when I do so frequent water change. I'm toying with the idea of a just top-up system but I'm not sure whether the nitrates will shoot through the roof. :undecided

Maybe NanoDave want to pound the white ball into powder and feed to CRS to improve the white ! You know he always have interesting and innovative idea. :D

Maybe CRS eat this will turn full body white.. report to heaven :D. I was just wondering what chemical it is... :p

theguy418
5th Dec 2005, 02:22 PM
Whats a DIY denitrator and how do you make it?

gr81
5th Dec 2005, 04:31 PM
I saw something like that here in LFS. It's made by Tetra and duration of balls is 12months. It that your same?

simcb
6th Dec 2005, 09:13 AM
I saw something like that here in LFS. It's made by Tetra and duration of balls is 12months. It that your same?

Should be the same. So far it didnt work for me. The LFS guy told me to scatter around the tank best in the substrate. I followed instructions but didnt see any significant reduction of No3. I guess there is no shortcut to reduce No3, otherwise this product would have already been famous :x .

GunmetalBlue
14th Dec 2005, 04:11 PM
Sim, those are very nice shrimp! How are the pregnancies coming along? I hope you can share with us how long it takes for them to hatch, and at what temp, when you know.

Is it easy or very difficult to get those shrimp where you're located? Since it's difficult to get them here in the states (they go by the name of Bees in the U.S.); not too many people have them.

When the shrimplets hatch, hope they'll thrive for you; congrats! :)

-GB

spinex
14th Dec 2005, 04:32 PM
Should be the same. So far it didnt work for me. The LFS guy told me to scatter around the tank best in the substrate. I followed instructions but didnt see any significant reduction of No3. I guess there is no shortcut to reduce No3, otherwise this product would have already been famous :x .

I saw something which suppose to work this way by JBL in . Whether effective or not i'm not sure.

http://www.jbl.de/uk/aqua/uk_62535.html

The abstract from the website state

JBL BioNitratEX works on a biological basis. The BioNitratEX bag reduces the oxygen level and the bacteria break down the nitrate in order to access the oxygen contained within. All the nutrients required for this process are contained in BioNitratEX. BioNitratEX continues to be effective in the biological break down of nitrates for months without harmful side effects and should be replaced after between 6 months and one year.

I didn't know they have a bag inside that can reduce the oxygen.

droid
12th Apr 2008, 04:44 PM
So, the nitrate-removing products can be chemical (resins) or biological (bacteria).

I tried the chemical resin balls in a filter and saw no difference in a cycling tank. They may make a difference in an older tank.

The biological product(s) must try to create an environment for anaerobic bacteria which breaks down nitrate. This can also occur with a deep bed of gravel (be careful of over-feeding, trumpet snails help here).

Fast-growing plants can also remove nitrate, but require good lighting and may cause pH swings.