PDA

View Full Version : How photograph?

gr81
30th Nov 2005, 05:43 PM
Hi all,
How do you photograph that cool pics of shrimps? I'm not able to do clear image of shrimp. Exposition times are too high. What type of camera and setup do you use?

silane
30th Nov 2005, 06:36 PM
I use a Nikon 5400 with external flash with bounce card and closeup lens. Tips wise, keep the glass clean and water clear. Place the camera at right angle to the subject and close to glass to prevent flash bounce back. :)

Use high resolution pixel and crop, the result is not too bad when view at 600x450:

http://www.shrimpnow.com/mygallery/files/2/6.jpg

:D

jojoecute
30th Nov 2005, 06:38 PM
To save $$$...
With your exsiting digital camera, add on a manifiying glass infront your camera.. It still work on clear picture..

You can see the result of mine picture taken with manifying glass attached...

Good luck ...

Hi all,
How do you photograph that cool pics of shrimps? I'm not able to do clear image of shrimp. Exposition times are too high. What type of camera and setup do you use?

gr81
30th Nov 2005, 08:00 PM
I use a Nikon 5400 with external flash and closeup lens. :)

:D
That's Akadama on the ground? Is it better than clasic "sand"?

NanoDave
30th Nov 2005, 10:28 PM
To save $$$...
With your exsiting digital camera, add on a manifiying glass infront your camera.. It still work on clear picture..

You can see the result of mine picture taken with manifying glass attached...

Good luck ...

DIY optical zoom! :D

gr81
30th Nov 2005, 11:54 PM
My camera (Olympus C5000) can operate only as ISO 400 max. even at this sensitivity it takes exposition time about 0.5sec. When I use flash I mirrors always something at the glass. How should I shorten exp.time? to get better pics? I have 1W/L lightning and it's enought I thing (for plats and shrimps)

silane
1st Dec 2005, 12:35 AM
My camera (Olympus C5000) can operate only as ISO 400 max. even at this sensitivity it takes exposition time about 0.5sec. When I use flash I mirrors always something at the glass. How should I shorten exp.time? to get better pics? I have 1W/L lightning and it's enought I thing (for plats and shrimps)

Choose the macro mode, if the shuttle speed is slower than 1/64, you will need a tripod. If you are using build-in flash you have to shoot at right angle on the object to prevent flash reflaction. And also put you camera close to the glass. Those are the points I take note using my camera, not familiar with C5000 though.

simcb
1st Dec 2005, 09:43 AM
I tried with my new digi camera. Not so clear and dark... even though it looks nice on the display screen when i take a snap the result is disappointing wat i see is not wat i get.

I guess those external flash must have helped a lot ... a magnifying glass :D . WIll try to test and feedback when free.

spinex
1st Dec 2005, 09:51 AM
I tried with my new digi camera. Not so clear and dark... even though it looks nice on the display screen when i take a snap the result is disappointing wat i see is not wat i get.

I guess those external flash must have helped a lot ... a magnifying glass :D . WIll try to test and feedback when free.

Simcb,

Care to share what camera you got ? I looking for digicam now. Thinking of Fuji F11 with shutter and aperture priority and high ISO at 1600.

simcb
1st Dec 2005, 10:03 AM
I am using PENTAX Optio50:
I know nuts about cameras...anyway here's the specs

Category Digital Camera
Brand Pentax
Sensor resolution 5.25 Megapixels
Optical zoom 3 x
Digital zoom 4 x
Weight 130 g
Camera type Compact Camera Viewfinder type Electronic viewfinder
LCD screen size 1.8 ''
Storage media SD Memory Card
Standard supplied memory size 12 MB
Flash type Built In Flash
Optical sensor CCD
Video capture With Video capture
Still image format JPEG
Red eye reduction With Red-eye reduction
Width 9.1 cm Depth 2.7 cm
Height 6.1 cm

spinex
1st Dec 2005, 11:21 AM
Simcb,

You should have asked around in the forum before you purchase. People like Joe and Fruitpie. I think NanoDave know a few tricks on digi camera too.

Your camera is very compact (i seen it before) good for point and shoot and easy to carry around.

silane
2nd Dec 2005, 02:28 AM
Simcb,

You should have asked around in the forum before you purchase. People like Joe and Fruitpie. I think NanoDave know a few tricks on digi camera too.

Your camera is very compact (i seen it before) good for point and shoot and easy to carry around.

Unforunately, those slim cameras usually do not have good enough macro mode for taking closeup picture, one may have to do what Jojoe does, however that will affect the clarity of the picture. Those slim camera is good at taking big fish and tanks.

silane
2nd Dec 2005, 05:34 AM
That's Akadama on the ground? Is it better than clasic "sand"?

Sorry, what is Akadama? I am using Adasoil from ADA. It look like baked peat and clay offering acidic PH water.

gr81
2nd Dec 2005, 06:20 AM
Sorry, what is Akadama? I am using Adasoil from ADA. It look like baked peat and clay offering acidic PH water.
I thought it's international name... it's clay granulate from Japan, mainly used by bonsaiers

Ibn
8th Dec 2005, 02:56 AM
D70 with Micro Nikkor 105mm f/2.8D lens.

http://i.pbase.com/o2/35/597035/1/52333871.DSC_9342b.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a68/ebn5/Zebra%20shrimps/DSC_5726.jpg

kross
8th Dec 2005, 02:01 PM
Hi Eric,

Nice to see you here....Welcome to Shrimpnow!
Very nice CRS and Tiger shrimp. :D

kross

Ibn
9th Dec 2005, 10:36 AM
Thanks, Kross.

Good to see you here too. :)

retardo
11th Dec 2005, 04:10 AM
Eric! it's rich from sfbaaps... now you're here to start some more trouble and make us drool some more over your picture-taking skills, eh? ... :joking: hehe... Glad to have ya! Welcome!!

NanoDave
11th Dec 2005, 04:27 AM
Eric! it's rich from sfbaaps... now you're here to start some more trouble and make us drool some more over your picture-taking skills, eh? ... :joking: hehe... Glad to have ya! Welcome!!

Thats a long acronym.. :p

retardo
11th Dec 2005, 04:35 AM
Thats a long acronym.. :p

still shorter than writing the whole thing out... :D

Ibn
11th Dec 2005, 07:29 AM
LOL. Not too surprised to see you here, Rich. :)

SFBAAPS is short for San Francisco Bay Area Aquatic Plant Society.