PDA

View Full Version : Moss and mesh....

slacker04
23rd Nov 2005, 10:17 PM
Hi all,

Could someone share with me the technique of securing your moss to a piece of wire mesh...thx alot...all help is appreciated.

Walter
24th Nov 2005, 12:32 AM
Some use fishing line to tie them up. Some just weigh down the moss with the wire mesh's weight. :)

dom
24th Nov 2005, 01:38 PM
I used the cloth thread to tie...then use the gravel to cover 4 sides of the wire mesh. So that the moss in the center able to grow out and will cover the mesh.

theguy418
24th Nov 2005, 02:15 PM
I like to use thin fishing line because I was always afriad that anything else would wear away and come loose, or decay and mess up my water.

Robert
24th Nov 2005, 11:04 PM
Hi,
I don't like the look of mesh in my tanks, it doesn't look natural anymore. I use flat pebbles or small pieces of driftwood. To tie the moss on them I use thin nylon fishing line. It has a light brown color, so it's very hard to see on grey pebbles or driftwood.

regards
Robert

Beviking
21st Jan 2006, 03:13 AM
I prefer brown nylon hair nets secured with fishing line but if you like the mesh, try to find a hobby/craft store that sells plastic mesh. Use the mesh to make a "sandwich" with the moss inside and tie the edges with line. Be sure to spread the moss evenly and put some close to the edges so it will hide the edges (and look more natural). This way you can secure it to the wall or floor of the tank.

-Be

Nickel
21st Jan 2006, 09:59 AM
For me, I spread the moss on the wire mesh and use fishing line to go in/out of mesh as in sewing a piece of cloth with thread. More secured this way.

Alternative I use flat pebbles too (around 4-5 inches length) and lay some moss, then use a green cloth mesh to warp it. Very nice shape like a hump when moss grows out of the mesh cloth.