PDA

View Full Version : Dying

gr81
17th Nov 2005, 03:08 PM
My shrimps are dying.:( I dont know why. I have 3 species in tank 2g. 1 BBS, 5 babaulti and some tigers. All was ok unless i bought that tigers. (b.t.w: I bought them as blue babaultis:). and this tigers are dying. not much, but every week I find some dead one. they are pink and untransparent(after death). Whith no other colors (no stripes). Therefore i'm also not sure if also some babaulties are dying. (dead shrimps are offen a bit comsumed by others). Water params. seems to be ok.
I know it's hard to say this way, but have you some suggestions why they are dying? They seems be ok one day. And the next one-death. I'm realy confused with that becouse I made bigger tank where they whould be with RCS., but i'm afraid of some desease. Or should it be "import stress"(India-Europe)? I have them 3-4weeks.
Thanx.

kross
17th Nov 2005, 07:40 PM
Sorry to hear that. Anyway, sharing your water parameters might help explain. E.g. PH, water temp, nitrate, nitrite, ammonia...

Stress can also be a cause.

NanoDave
21st Dec 2005, 07:52 PM
If they are still transparent when they die it means it is 'sudden death'. Sudden deaths are usually caused by large water parameter changes such as when you add tap water directly.

gr81
21st Dec 2005, 10:37 PM
If they are still transparent when they die it means it is 'sudden death'. Sudden deaths are usually caused by large water parameter changes such as when you add tap water directly.
they were still transparent until death. than they gone pinkish. All of my tigers died. CRS,RCS and Babaulties do well.

Daudin
22nd Dec 2005, 09:05 AM
What is total number of your Tiger shrimps in tank? I have 30 individuals and mortality is approximately one individual per week. Death is sudden and fast. The others are always OK. Death individuals are pale or orange without stripes.

cheesenips
22nd Dec 2005, 05:09 PM
how often do you change the water and how much do u change each time...i notice after a large water change (40% or so) a shrimp or two usually dies within the next day for me. And since they are in a two gallon tank, large water changes can be a great shock for them.

what are the water parameters?

if anything try feeding less so you dont have to change water as much

gr81
23rd Dec 2005, 03:25 AM
What is total number of your Tiger shrimps in tank? I have 30 individuals and mortality is approximately one individual per week. Death is sudden and fast. The others are always OK. Death individuals are pale or orange without stripes.
Same as me, I bought them from importer Macenauer. They are not dying only me but all who bought there. Who knows where they get It.

gr81
23rd Dec 2005, 03:29 AM
how often do you change the water and how much do u change each time...i notice after a large water change (40% or so) a shrimp or two usually dies within the next day for me. And since they are in a two gallon tank, large water changes can be a great shock for them.

what are the water parameters?

if anything try feeding less so you dont have to change water as much
I did not feed them at all. many algae there. watter is great. no2,3=0 NH3,4=0. Ph 7,2 Hardness 15°N

Daudin
23rd Dec 2005, 06:03 AM
I also bought my tiger shrimps as adults or subadults from the same firm in october this year. Initial shrimp number was 30 but now I have more than 20. I described my tank on another place of this forum. I think the rate of mortality is slightly higher. I impute mainly short longevity supported by rich nutrition feeding and suboptimal water parameters than adults are acustomed. I hope youngs will be more adapt to my conditions and mortality in adulthood will be lesser. Animal propagation and grow seem without any problem. pH is between 7,0 and 7,5, total hardness is 8 °N, NO3 about 10 mg/l, NH3 and NO2 I donīt know. I have fear from nitrogen compounds and high shrimp concentration so I change 1/3 tank volume and remove feces daily.

simcb
23rd Dec 2005, 08:14 AM
I did not feed them at all. many algae there. watter is great. no2,3=0 NH3,4=0. Ph 7,2 Hardness 15°N

Hi gr81,

I think tigers do better in cooler temperature. What the current temp of your tank?