PDA

View Full Version : Which Geoliquid to use or should we use at all in our shrimp tanks?

simcb
8th Nov 2005, 08:36 AM
I am reading up a bit on this australia product geoliquid which comes in many types e.g for guppys, koi, plants, marine, goldfish and etc. The product does not show its content breakdown. Thus its difficult to see whether is contain copper or other stuff harmful to shrimps. Although it claim to helps to simulate the natural environment, reduce toxins with its minerals supplements(geoliquid) and etc.

Is anyone using them in their shrimp tanks currently? Which type are you using ? I just wondering can it be used as a supplement for shrimp tanks and which is the most suitable. Any ideas guys :huh:

spinex
8th Nov 2005, 12:56 PM
Hey Simcb,

Thought NanoDave mentioned during our 1st gathering that he is using it on his CRS tank ? Need him to confirm.

NanoDave
8th Nov 2005, 01:24 PM
Yes I used it before, in fact, the one I used is Geoliquid for Arowanas lol

There is no immediate bad effects, thats for sure, but I only used it once or twice and not on a regular basis so I'm not sure if it may be detrimental in the long term. :)

If I'm not wrong, I think I have seen before Geoliquid for Invertebrates... that may be most suitable.

spinex
8th Nov 2005, 01:45 PM
If my shrimps are doing well and breeding i won't wanna try to be "smart" and act whatever enhancing liquid :D

Or else in the end spend extra money and shrimps die ! That's the worst outcome you can get.

simcb
8th Nov 2005, 01:50 PM
Yes I used it before, in fact, the one I used is Geoliquid for Arowanas lol

There is no immediate bad effects, thats for sure, but I only used it once or twice and not on a regular basis so I'm not sure if it may be detrimental in the long term. :)

If I'm not wrong, I think I have seen before Geoliquid for Invertebrates... that may be most suitable.

I check out the Geoliquid for Invertebrates....its for Invertebrates and coral..... I guess most probably for marine tanks.

Many shrimps are losing their white. The white turning transparent white, I was wondering what happend? Lack of some nutrients maybe? Or maybe some addition of chemicals to our tap water causing mass deaths?

I was considering adding some geoliquid but i read somewhere overdosed minerals can be toxic.

Nano Dave maybe you should try to stop dosing Geoliquid and see if your CRS female can breed successful. Just in case, it has something to do with it.

NanoDave
8th Nov 2005, 02:15 PM
I check out the Geoliquid for Invertebrates....its for Invertebrates and coral..... I guess most probably for marine tanks.

Many shrimps are losing their white. The white turning transparent white, I was wondering what happend? Lack of some nutrients maybe? Or maybe some addition of chemicals to our tap water causing mass deaths?

I was considering adding some geoliquid but i read somewhere overdosed minerals can be toxic.

Nano Dave maybe you should try to stop dosing Geoliquid and see if your CRS female can breed successful. Just in case, it has something to do with it.

I have the same case where the white is getting thinner. I still can't figure out what happened too. I do regular water changes and variety of diet and the ammonia and nitrite is zero, nitrate is about 5-10 ppm.

I think minerals change the hardness so if overdosed, the change in hardness is what stresses the shrimps. For me, it is no problem because I have coral chips in the IOS...

Lets have another gathering .. :)

spinex
8th Nov 2005, 04:41 PM
yup a gathering is needed ! .. we talk about this in the new thread.

NanoDave
9th Nov 2005, 12:46 AM
yup a gathering is needed ! .. we talk about this in the new thread.

then you never vote the day you can make it... :whip: :D

silane
9th Nov 2005, 12:51 AM

Does the white lost after water change?

Not too sure if Geoliquid for Coral is good for shrimps, the enviroment of coral is high PH and shrimp need low PH.