PDA

View Full Version : Sexing of Cambarellus patzcuarensis sp. orange

Pconnieae
3rd Nov 2005, 08:57 AM
Hi all,

I have just bought a pair of CPOs. For the moment their size is the same (about 2.5cm/3cm). I am new to crayfish :) . How can I make the difference between the male and the female?

bochr
5th Nov 2005, 05:11 PM
Very beautiful crayfish.
There's some pictures at the bottom of this page: http://wirbellose.de/arten.cgi?action=show&artNo=144

Pconnieae
5th Nov 2005, 10:03 PM
Thanks for your link :) .

But I don't really see what the difference is between the male and the female :embarasse .

simcb
5th Nov 2005, 10:44 PM
Thanks for your link :) .

But I don't really see what the difference is between the male and the female :embarasse .

really ? the male part in the pic mannchen(male) is pretty obivous got 2 extra small legs compare to weibchen(female). I guess u too embarasse to say out...lol i am know nothing abt the language used just guessing

Pconnieae
5th Nov 2005, 11:17 PM
Thanks, now I see :rolleyes: lol .

Jane of Upton
23rd Dec 2005, 10:05 PM
Thanks for posting such an informative link! Even though I can't read German, I could figure it out from the pictures.

What lovely crayfish! I've never seen them available in the US, but I'm going to be on the lookout for them now!

They look like they have a repressed larval stage, right? So the female will release free-swimming babies?

Really pretty crayfish!
-Jane

Frank
25th Dec 2005, 01:17 AM
Of course you´re right.
I can read german :joking: :p

merry x-mas to all shrimp crazies
Frank

Jerseyscape
5th Mar 2006, 05:34 AM
I just sexed mine the other day, it was fairly easy to tell which were the males and females.