PDA

View Full Version : Breeding Glass shrimp

hadjici2
29th Oct 2005, 10:19 AM
Hello people,

I have a 17 littre aquarium with 3 ghost shrimp for 3 weeks now, no other fish. It is planted with quite a lot of plants and I am now trying to grow Glossostigma in it. It will become heavily planted eventually. I have a pH of 6.5 and a kH of 6 and my 3 shrimp live hapilly in it. I have undergravel filter so nothing will suck the fry. I have noticed that one of my shrimp has green eggs under her belly. This was noticed yesterday 27/10/05 thus today has been the second day of her pregnancy. I want to breed these little shrimp but I donít know how. I have read all the other posts but none gives vital information like:
1. How many days will the eggs be under her belly? When will she drop them?
2. What should I feed the fry? How many time?
3. Should I leave the pregnant shrimp in the tank? When she drops the eggs will the other shrimp eat the fry?
4. Should I place the pregnant shrimp in a small glass container and place the container to float in the tank?Then when she drops the eggs I just remove the mother shrimp and feed the fry?Change some of the water of the glass container with the fry every day?

Any suggestions? Can someone provide me with a step by step guide lol

I bought them in the UK.

Walter
30th Oct 2005, 10:04 AM
I think the shrimplets will need saline water to grow up well, they are of lower order breeding kind of shrimps...

Veneer
31st Oct 2005, 01:34 AM
I think the shrimplets will need saline water to grow up well, they are of lower order breeding kind of shrimps...

Not Macrobrachium lanchesteri.