PDA

View Full Version : baby shrimp and 1.25" SAE

imi_sky
27th Oct 2005, 01:18 PM
hey guys im just wondering if its safe to put the 2 together, i got some BBA that i want to rid and SAE is the only thing that i know that will eat it.

simcb
27th Oct 2005, 02:49 PM
hey guys im just wondering if its safe to put the 2 together, i got some BBA that i want to rid and SAE is the only thing that i know that will eat it.

They might eat some....why not try adding 5-10 yamatos..they do good as well but u might want to remove them later cause i feel they are kinda rough towards other shrimps. They are easier to remove than SAEs.

imi_sky
27th Oct 2005, 03:24 PM
oh im just goint to put the SAE in there until all the BBA is gone then im taking it out, so amano shrimps wouldnt be a very good choice for my tank. its planted and itll be a pain to get out, i can always wait for the SAE to swim out then grab him, the baby shrimps are roughly | | that big now more close to juvies then babies

silane
27th Oct 2005, 03:48 PM

How big is your tank? I had problem to catch 2 SAEs in a 2 feet tank, that I have to remove all the removable components in the tank to get them.

imi_sky
27th Oct 2005, 04:36 PM
its a small 5g tank, i found that SAE catching mostly requires food in the net haha, like an algae wafer then they will go in by themselves

amber2461
28th Oct 2005, 01:29 AM
Hey, that is the same way I catch mine in the 108 gallon as well ... hahahahahahahaha

Daniel_G
28th Oct 2005, 01:58 AM
What does SAE stand for....

Daniel

retardo
28th Oct 2005, 08:45 AM
Siamensis Algae Eater

Walter
30th Oct 2005, 10:12 AM
If there are plenty food around I don't think the SAE will bother the shrimplets. And yup having food in the net is one of the easier methods of netting them. :)

NanoDave
30th Oct 2005, 11:05 AM
What about a prawn fishing hook with a juicy bloodworm? :D