PDA

View Full Version : Shrimp gone mad

NanoDave
25th Oct 2005, 09:42 AM
I have discovered a shrimp that has gone mad... :shocked:

It is constantly jumping on other shrimps for no reason (not for food for sure), and it picks on every shrimp regardless of sex or size. In fact, it behaves like playing a first-player-shooter game where you shoot everyone you see...

Any idea what happened? :)

jojoecute
25th Oct 2005, 09:52 AM
Any moult shell in tank ?
Males Crs is more aggressive , may be that pc is the king in your tank.. :joking:

It is constantly jumping on other shrimps for no reason (not for food for sure), and it picks on every shrimp regardless of sex or size. In fact, it behaves like playing a first-player-shooter game where you shoot everyone you see...

NanoDave
25th Oct 2005, 09:57 AM
Any moult shell in tank ?
Males Crs is more aggressive , may be that pc is the king in your tank.. :joking:

No moult shell that I see, but maybe eaten or hidden in some corner..

It does look like a male.. but I don't like how it is being a public nuisance >( .. any way to topple the throne and cause a 'regime change' for the good of the common folks?

jojoecute
25th Oct 2005, 10:02 AM
This is some of thier behavoiur, you have to take..

Once my tank had adult size moult shell, i will see most of the Crs dancing around looking for mating..

No moult shell that I see, but maybe eaten or hidden in some corner..

It does look like a male.. but I don't like how it is being a public nuisance >( .. any way to topple the throne and cause a 'regime change' for the good of the common folks?

NanoDave
25th Oct 2005, 10:07 AM
But it is not the dance.. when it is the dance I usually see several shrimps dancing... he is like preying on the others with malicious intent! >( And hes not even fully grown... :undecided

silane
25th Oct 2005, 11:06 PM

Seems like it is in heat. :)

NanoDave
25th Oct 2005, 11:16 PM
I've just came home and he's still playing that game! :shocked:

He must be really really desperate... :wacky:

BlueEL
26th Oct 2005, 01:01 AM
lol cant stop laughing, where the heck did the little guy get so much energy?

NanoDave
26th Oct 2005, 01:30 AM
Maybe high from an overdose of antichlorine lol

Robert
26th Oct 2005, 03:21 AM
:D a horny shrimp :D ... maybe

Tha'ts new to me. If all other shrimps look ok, so the colors are bright, I wouldn't matter to have such specimen. Let him do. But he could also be the first sign of any bad conditions because he is extra sensitive. Observe the other shrimps to make sure everything is ok.

regards
Robert

silane
27th Oct 2005, 03:50 PM
Dave, is that shrimp still playing PC game in your tank?

NanoDave
27th Oct 2005, 10:50 PM
Not anymore.. he has learnt to behave like a normal shrimp should :)

(but I still wonder what actually happened at that time... :p )