PDA

View Full Version : Pure Black Tiger vs. Black King Kong price difference...WHY?

killer007
15th Apr 2010, 09:39 AM
How come compare Pure Black Tiger Shrimp to Black King Kong Shrimp, the price can be SOOOO much different?
like we are talking 100x to 1000x the price per shirmp...

um...aren't they look the same?
and Black tiger's body is intense black and can have orange eye too....just like king kong...

is it because black tiger's intense black is hybrid from deep blue shrimp? so the price drop cuz they are hybrid?

Tn23
15th Apr 2010, 09:48 AM
I wonder the same thing also.....

I notice that Black Tigers are more shiny as compared to Black tigers which are black, but their body isnt' as shiny....... I know some Black Kong kongs have white.

But if we compare a full black king kong to full black tiger shrimp, what are the major differences besides their species.... and price :)

killer007
16th Apr 2010, 01:38 PM
ah...maybe someone know the difference?
@.@ tiger is much hardy?

imke_j
16th Apr 2010, 02:05 PM
How come compare Pure Black Tiger Shrimp to Black King Kong Shrimp, the price can be SOOOO much different?
like we are talking 100x to 1000x the price per shirmp...

That's a legitimate question anyway ;) It's simply demand and supply, like always on the shrimp market. Besides, they have another genetic pool which is important for breeding concerns. The Black of King Kong should be more brilliant / shimmering than this of the Black Tiger.

killer007
16th Apr 2010, 03:07 PM
@.@ you mean they are smarter?
hahahah or just like red color of a toyota vs red color of a ferrari...like they both red but ferrari red is much more pretty (cuz they have special red)?

minicooper
16th Apr 2010, 03:25 PM
I agree with Imke -" Supply and Demand " In my home town both of them are selling at same price level...!

killer007
16th Apr 2010, 03:44 PM
O.O you mean they both expansive?
but i see some video in youtube...and black KK is sooooo black or just the light....
SOOOO NICE...OMG....SO NICE...

Tn23
16th Apr 2010, 03:58 PM
I agree!

Someone should ship some to canada for me and Killer :D
We will greatly appreciate it!

killer007
16th Apr 2010, 04:00 PM
hahahahah yes yes i would love it so much....

silane
16th Apr 2010, 04:46 PM
O.O you mean they both expansive?
but i see some video in youtube...and black KK is sooooo black or just the light....
SOOOO NICE...OMG....SO NICE...

You are right KK is pure black whereas black tigers are not, their black varies.

minicooper
16th Apr 2010, 05:57 PM
You are right KK is pure black whereas black tigers are not, their black varies.

Silane: From what I have seen I would say KK is a SUPER DEEP DARK INTENSIVELY BLUE -PLUS with a smooth surface-BODYSHELL and it has an even distribution of the deep blue color. (I use a STRONG LED torch to spot on my KK's Body -suppose use it as a light setting for photo shooting)

BTigerOE is not in that way. It's blue morph is unevenly distributed on the upper shell and inner shell. Because of its THICK BLACK TIGER STRIP/BAND-UPPER SHELL.

I am not sure on BTBE. I don't have that sp.

killer007
17th Apr 2010, 10:26 AM
holy...really good information...
the black strip start to make sence....

minicooper
17th Apr 2010, 11:06 AM
Here we go! See the Blue Tone?

killer007
17th Apr 2010, 02:10 PM
ah....nice picture...
so beautiful...

silane
25th Apr 2010, 12:11 AM
Silane: From what I have seen I would say KK is a SUPER DEEP DARK INTENSIVELY BLUE -PLUS with a smooth surface-BODYSHELL and it has an even distribution of the deep blue color. (I use a STRONG LED torch to spot on my KK's Body -suppose use it as a light setting for photo shooting)

You are right, almost by default, all adult KK are that dark blue which appear as black. But black tiger has varied intensity of dark.

what shrimp is this?

http://www.shrimpnow.com/mygallery/files/2/kingkong_780312.jpg

killer007
25th Apr 2010, 03:22 AM
yes....black tiger look so nice too..@.@
very beautiful shrimp...

minicooper
25th Apr 2010, 10:38 PM
It looks like a young Black tiger to me!

Any close up photo at its walking legs...1st pair?

silane
26th Apr 2010, 12:13 AM
no no, it is an extreme king kong, the body is rounder which can be mistaken as black tiger. Look at the tail, it has the tell tale sign, white dots

gr81
26th Apr 2010, 02:40 AM
How is it with Taiwan bees, do they breed 100% true? Are all babies "taiwan" again or they degrade to clasic RB?
As I know BT0 have only few BT0 babies.

Frank
26th Apr 2010, 03:51 AM
I also thought of KK because of the shape.
Tigers can have white in the tail as well.
Itīs not to see if dots or parts on the pic.

Tn23
26th Apr 2010, 07:42 AM
This is truely a confusing topic, we need some certain and distinct ways of differenciating the KK and Black Tigers.

killer007
26th Apr 2010, 11:10 AM
@.@ its not a black tiger...
ah...very can't see them well...
i never see them in person before hahahaha