PDA

View Full Version : newb.....algae shrimp w/ discus

emjhay
25th Sep 2005, 03:13 PM
i have 4 algae shrimp and i was just wondering if it ok to put them in a discus tank... the tank currently have 6 discus, columbian shark, 2 bala shark,2serpae tetra, and a pair of blue ram.... i dont have any algae eater except a whiptail.... will this fishes eat the algae shrimp.... or cherry shrimp? or any other shrimp....(amono)

Walter
25th Sep 2005, 07:45 PM
Large yamato shrimps should be fine. But there is still a large risk. Discuses and the other fishes will attack the shrimps most likely! :shocked:

Veneer
26th Sep 2005, 12:33 AM
i have 4 algae shrimp and i was just wondering if it ok to put them in a discus tank... the tank currently have 6 discus, columbian shark, 2 bala shark,2serpae tetra, and a pair of blue ram.... i dont have any algae eater except a whiptail.... will this fishes eat the algae shrimp.... or cherry shrimp? or any other shrimp....(amono)

How large is the tank? Do you plan to eventually bring your Columbian sharks up to brackish-marine salinity?

emjhay
26th Sep 2005, 02:49 AM
How large is the tank? Do you plan to eventually bring your Columbian sharks up to brackish-marine salinity?

my tank is a 150gal planted.... all my sharks is only 2inches right now..... i have a brackish 50 gal for my argentus... maybe i can put the columbian there... i didnt know that columbian is a brackish fish :D , it was just given to me by my bro :) .... well all the shark is his and the rest is MINE!.....

back to the topic... even a larger shrimp like amono.. is a risk?????? cause i have some plants... dats y...