PDA

View Full Version : Procambarus pygmaeus

ganesha
16th Sep 2005, 06:07 PM
I would almost die for ever finding a pair of these beautifull crayfish! I've heard there almost extingted in America. Has any off you ever seen of maybe even kept this beautifull species? I've heard the greenish ones are most common. If anyone knows where i can buy some please let me know too!

zwergkrebs
17th Sep 2005, 04:20 AM
The 2 pics above show the normal coloration. The 3rd one has been taken shortly after the cray molted. The colors will soon turn to normal again.
I had a pair some months ago, but it soon died. I bougth them, because I thougth they were colorful, but they were just greenish/ brown with some red stripes.

ganesha
17th Sep 2005, 04:33 AM
I would like to know where you got them. Eventhough the colors might not be as spectacular as i thought. Where they as aggressive as is told? And do you have any idea what caused them dieing?

zwergkrebs
18th Sep 2005, 08:03 AM
They were extremely agressive. A kept the pair in a tank of 100x40x50 cm. Lots of plants, rock, hiding places.
They dud burrows under the rocks, were barely visible ever, sometimes fighting. The male killed the female after molting. 2 months later he died by having a rock falling on him (dug too much, apparently didnt know about statics). I would like to try again, as I still like them. But I cant find anyone who has them, or even did successfully breed them. Please tell me where I can get some if you know.

ganesha
18th Sep 2005, 03:48 PM
I also don't know, but someones gonna look for me in Duisburg at Zierfische & Aquarium 2005 . I have no idea if anyone will have or breed them will go there but it's quit big i guess. I also hope to find some white beeshrimps there.

Walter
19th Sep 2005, 12:02 AM
Nice crayfish! :D Looks kind of cute. lol

zwergkrebs
13th Nov 2005, 03:44 AM
So I will have a new try with them. Got 3 pairs 2 weeks ago. They are still quite small 3-4cm, I will keep you posted, how they fare.

ganesha
13th Nov 2005, 04:05 AM
So I will have a new try with them. Got 3 pairs 2 weeks ago. They are still quite small 3-4cm, I will keep you posted, how they fare.
Wow, you lucky guy! I hoop these couples will do much better. Can you post pictures please?

jimi_hobi
18th Jan 2010, 06:32 PM
I really interesting with this species, can you give me information to buy this cray? I hope you can help me, I looking for this species is hard to find

Jimmy:)

retardo
18th Jan 2010, 06:35 PM
I really interesting with this species, can you give me information to buy this cray? I hope you can help me, I looking for this species is hard to find

Jimmy:)

The last post for this thread was back in 2005. The members who posted to this thread in 2005 may not still be active, so they may not respond; however, someone else who has knowledge of this species may yet respond. :)

hugo feio
3rd Feb 2010, 09:21 PM
Only five years !lol
I wonder what hapenned to them...

diablos
8th Feb 2010, 03:11 AM
It's so cute.
I always look for it.
Where can I buy it?
Please tell me, thanks