PDA

View Full Version : Ranunculus Inundatus

larryvt
28th Dec 2009, 01:08 AM
I have 2 questions.
- are these plants easy to propigate.
- any suggestions where I may be able to obtain some of these Plants(nodes)?
Thank you

ebichua
28th Dec 2009, 04:10 AM
Find this plant through other hobbyists on plant forums (aquarium related). It's an uncommon plant but there are definitely people out there with it. Should cost you no more than $1 per node. Less if they have a ton of it.

It's an easy plant, propagates through runners. Just plant and watch it go.

larryvt
28th Dec 2009, 04:29 AM
Thanks for the info. I will try to get about 10 of these plants. I am planning to start another 10 gal. for CRS.
Thanks again

larryvt
31st Dec 2009, 03:58 AM
Ebichua,
Thanks for the info. 10 plants to be shipped to me soon.
Can you tell me if you have experience with RI growing without Co2 injection.
I may place the RI in a tank with RCS.
Thanks again

jaxon777
31st Dec 2009, 04:27 AM
This is one of the plants that has eluded me in my 4 years of planted tanks so I have no exp. with this plant. I can tell you that most of these so called high tech plants will live in tanks with no co2, or fertz just as long as there is enough light. Of course they wont be as robust and fast growing but I would think they would be okay. I think with this plant that rich substrate and light is the key. Just my 2 cents.

retardo
31st Dec 2009, 05:05 PM
All plants love CO2. If you inject, your plants will grow faster, but will also have higher light and fertilizer requirements. Most plants will grow perfectly fine w/o CO2 injection; RI is one of those plants.

larryvt
1st Jan 2010, 12:12 AM
Folks,
Thanks so much for the very good information.

As this tank will include some higher grade CRS, I want very stable water and that is more important than optimum plant growth.
Therefore I will not use Co2 injection.

Thank youi for the advice,
Larry