PDA

View Full Version : ADA Amazonia I or II, which one to my pipe water?

flashsilva
17th Nov 2009, 07:32 AM
Good Evening people.

I'm about to assemble a 30 litre aquarium for crystal red grade B, and I want to exchange 20% of the water per week.

The thing is, I have a problem with the pipe water here in Lisbon, Portugal .

In the Summer I have the following parameters:

Ph:7
Gh:6
Kh:3

In the Winter I have the following parameters:

Ph:8
Gh:12
Kh:7

I'm thinking of buying the ADA aquasoil amazonia I or II.
I know that the Amazonia II turns the water more soft and the pH more acidic, and that the Amazonia I is a bit more mild.

Which one do you think would be the most suitable for the kind of pipe water I get?

Many thanks in advance.

Fábio Silva

seetharam
17th Nov 2009, 03:55 PM
Hi Fabio

I would say the ADA Amazonia II is a better choice as it has better properties to regulate pH and kH than ADA Amazonia I

MananaP
20th Dec 2009, 08:21 PM
The only difference between ADA Amazonia I & II is that you can introduce shrimp quicker with amazonia II and the only down side is Amazonia II is softer which tend to break down faster than Amazonia I. Hope this helps... Over all they both work in lowering PH so personal preference is still the bottom line. GL!

igorKanshyn
5th Nov 2010, 01:40 PM
Do they have same size of granules?

seetharam
6th Nov 2010, 04:05 PM
Yes they do.

retardo
7th Nov 2010, 02:29 AM
(This is a very old thread.. ;))

Either Amazonia I or II will work. As others have mentioned, Amazonia I does take longer to cycle Amazonia II breaks down quicker. Both will lower KH and help buffer the pH, but neither will do anything about the GH. A GH of 11 is considered medium hard water.

igorKanshyn
7th Nov 2010, 02:35 AM
Thanks for answers.

What depth of soil layer you can suggest?
My tap water pH is 7.6-7.8 and I'm going to keep CRS shrimps in that tank.

retardo
7th Nov 2010, 02:44 AM
What is the purpose of the tank? If you are breeding, you only really need about 1/2" (1cm) to buffer the water. If the purpose is to keep a planted tank 1.5-3" could be used.

igorKanshyn
7th Nov 2010, 03:12 AM
What is the purpose of the tank? If you are breeding, you only really need about 1/2" (1cm) to buffer the water. If the purpose is to keep a planted tank 1.5-3" could be used.

I'm going to keep and breed CRS shrimps in that tank.
Purpose of using ADA soil there is lower pH to 6.5-6.8 from my 7.6-7.8