PDA

View Full Version : API Stress CoatŪ Good ?

Sky_Walker
17th Aug 2009, 09:05 PM
Hi Bro & Sis,

Have a Qns. here. im using API Stress Coat for all fish n shrimp as u know, it remove chlorine & chloramines.
now i know that there is new API stress coat come with ammonia remove. so will the anti-ammonia coat be harmful to shrimp if there's no ammonia in my tank or my age water ?
or any1 recommend gd conditioner?

Ghanguss
17th Aug 2009, 09:13 PM
Seachem prime is very good. It also removes ammonia and lots of people use it on shrimp tanks without problems.

Sky_Walker
18th Aug 2009, 12:58 AM
Seachem prime is very good. It also removes ammonia and lots of people use it on shrimp tanks without problems.

Thanks Bro~ i will go get it...

loveshrimp
18th Aug 2009, 09:59 AM
yup~ Seachem prime is good.i only use it for my tank in malaysia. you in singapore? their tap water is good enough! everytime i top up 500ml (due to the fan) my shrimps still swimming fine.~

Justin12345
18th Aug 2009, 03:45 PM
Easycoat try not to over dose i asked API personel before for advice.

I personally use EasyLife anti chlorine and it worked wonders
since i started my shrimp keeping hobby till now

Very subjective to this topic =)

Sky_Walker
18th Aug 2009, 09:08 PM
yup~ Seachem prime is good.i only use it for my tank in malaysia. you in singapore? their tap water is good enough! everytime i top up 500ml (due to the fan) my shrimps still swimming fine.~

yup im from singapore, i just came back from lfs & i got 1 bottle of 300ml... wow pretty x for 2L bottle... even saw lfs using the brand lol....

Easycoat try not to over dose i asked API personel before for advice.

I personally use EasyLife anti chlorine and it worked wonders
since i started my shrimp keeping hobby till now

Very subjective to this topic =)

hmmm... Easycoat is API ? never heard of Easylife, maybe i'm to old fashion.. always use the same brand... worry my fish dont get use to other brand....

Justin12345
18th Aug 2009, 10:42 PM
[QUOTE=Sky_Walker;38198]yup im from singapore, i just came back from lfs & i got 1 bottle of 300ml... wow pretty x for 2L bottle... even saw lfs using the brand lol....

if you buy the 2L its better than the 300ml in long term run =) regarding price wise

loveshrimp
18th Aug 2009, 10:45 PM
[QUOTE=Sky_Walker;38198]yup im from singapore, i just came back from lfs & i got 1 bottle of 300ml... wow pretty x for 2L bottle... even saw lfs using the brand lol....

if you buy the 2L its better than the 300ml in long term run =) regarding price wise

yea.agree.normally bigger bottle for long run you will save more.

Sky_Walker
18th Aug 2009, 11:26 PM
hmm...ok i will invest the big bottle after this bottle end. i was like holding the 300ml & i saw the 2L, i put down the 300ml, pick up the 2L n ask the price. 0_0 (shock) put back the 2L & pay for the 300ml lol~ didnt expact it to so x... cos i know Api 2L only cost around 2 red note. then i realise the usage is diff. for prime 5ml dose each 200L of water. as for Api 5ml dose each 40L of water.
correct me if im wrong.

craigthor
19th Aug 2009, 12:29 AM
Prime is a proven to work well and is highly concentrated. It is safe to overdose it but I always try not to but dosing 20L only take a drop or so.

Craig

silane
19th Aug 2009, 12:47 AM
I would not go into buying biggest bottle if I cannot use them fast.

Some of such products has stability problem.

Sky_Walker
19th Aug 2009, 01:15 AM
Prime is a proven to work well and is highly concentrated. It is safe to overdose it but I always try not to but dosing 20L only take a drop or so.

Craig

so 1 drop per 20L ? cos i have 2x20L jerrican i was think how much should i dose...

I would not go into buying biggest bottle if I cannot use them fast.

Some of such products has stability problem.

yeah u should.. you are part of a seller lol.. any brand best to avoid?