PDA

View Full Version : Some questions abt water parameter

dnomyaj
25th Jun 2009, 03:03 PM
hi all,

Would like to ask those bros who are from singapore, does any bro here know the parameters of our tap water? what should i need to add to alter PH,GH,KH,AMMONIA,NITRATE,NITRITE besides anti chlorine(i know anti-chlorine is needed)? Please give me a tip or two about this cause i'm restarting my mini nano setup for my CRS.

My link to my failed set up--> http://www.shrimpnow.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4221
It has became a graveyard for around 10 CRS:cry:
Perhapsi'm gonna change the water for the tank but can someone advise me how much of the water should i change? as in how many percent should i change? Now there are only 3 Boraras Brigittae left in the tank with no more shrimps..

Big thanks in advance :D

infopimp
30th Jun 2009, 10:24 AM
Retardo nailed it in the last thread:

And regarding your last question, about how much water to remove to start over... I'd remove no more than 50% of the water. BUT make sure you get the test kits for ammonia, nitrite and nitrate to make sure your cycle has been completed BEFORE buying more shrimp.

HTH. Good luck.

dnomyaj
30th Jun 2009, 05:44 PM
Retardo nailed it in the last thread:

ya i'm fine with retardo's help.
can close this thread already..
Thanks

retardo
1st Jul 2009, 04:26 AM
I googled Singapore Water Quality and was not able to find any information pertaining to the water content of minerals and such. Perhaps you can contact a representative at the PUB to find out such info.

Regarding restarting your nano setup, the water you have now is already partially cycled, so it's best to continue. Restarting by adding all new water is not beneficial to the b.acterial colonies that have already been established. That is why I recommended changing no more that 50% of the water... it is to finish up the cycling process.

dnomyaj
3rd Jul 2009, 11:54 AM
I googled Singapore Water Quality and was not able to find any information pertaining to the water content of minerals and such. Perhaps you can contact a representative at the PUB to find out such info.

Regarding restarting your nano setup, the water you have now is already partially cycled, so it's best to continue. Restarting by adding all new water is not beneficial to the b.acterial colonies that have already been established. That is why I recommended changing no more that 50% of the water... it is to finish up the cycling process.

Thanks for the help :D