PDA

View Full Version : Cherry and CRS

NanoDave
7th Aug 2005, 05:40 AM
When I get more experience with cherrys I plan to get CRS one day. Would it be fine to have them in the same tank? Would a few CRS in a bunch of cherrys dominated tank get picked upon by the cherrys because they are different? Would they stress each other out and generally make the tank become a stressful environment for both?

If hybrids happen between cherrys and CRS, will they be stronger or weaker than pure strains? Does anyone have photos of what hybrids between the two look like? I wish I have two tanks to house them separately but I don't.. :cry:

Help! :embarasse

snoopy
7th Aug 2005, 05:24 PM
Don't think cherry and crs will cross breed. So no need to worry about any hybrids. :)

szakol
7th Aug 2005, 06:17 PM
I at me in aquarium have Cherry and CRS. All is OK. :)

Walter
7th Aug 2005, 11:46 PM
Many people mix CRS with cherries, should be ok. The one you should worry about hybreeding should be Bees. :) Anyway CRS need much higher standards of water and cooler temperature, so do take note. :D

NanoDave
8th Aug 2005, 12:14 AM
Thanks everyone who answered. I'm so glad to hear they dont cross because now I can finally get some CRS! :sweethear

NanoDave
8th Aug 2005, 12:18 AM
Many people mix CRS with cherries, should be ok. The one you should worry about hybreeding should be Bees. :) Anyway CRS need much higher standards of water and cooler temperature, so do take note. :D

I have almost perfect water cos 1/4 of my tank is bio media :D I'm worried about temperature because I don't have fans nor chiller. I cool my tank using evaporation (heat loss due to latent heat of evaporation) and it keeps my tank at about 29 deg most of the time... will that be too high? :sweatdrop

edit to include:
Ok I found a thread on CRS and temperature and unfortunately my temperature is too high.. :cry: