PDA

View Full Version : Chiller Advice for 1.5 FT CRS Tank needed.

Galatea
4th Mar 2009, 01:31 AM
I'm currently running a 1.5 FT tank with Eden 501 filter. Using a DIY fan and lowest temp i can achieve is 26 deg.

Can anyone recommend a good chiller that works well with my current Eden filter if i want to achieve 24 deg and below? Was considering iceprobe by coolworks but the feedback seems divided.

Thanks in advance!

Justin12345
4th Mar 2009, 07:18 PM
you can try finding such chiller of your requirements at petmart.
made in taiwan if i am not wrong. rather small though
be careful as eden 501 is running at 250 l/h?
best if your l/h meets the requirements of your chillers else your chiller will consume more electricity.

michaelmah
6th Apr 2009, 11:49 PM
I also need to ask for chiller recomend...

plan to get a 60x30x30 cm new tank.........any chiller brand suit? need to run by a powerhead thru it?

louuu
8th Apr 2009, 12:42 AM
I'm currently running a 1.5 FT tank with Eden 501 filter. Using a DIY fan and lowest temp i can achieve is 26 deg.

Can anyone recommend a good chiller that works well with my current Eden filter if i want to achieve 24 deg and below? Was considering iceprobe by coolworks but the feedback seems divided.

Thanks in advance!

i m using the JBJ Arctica Titanium Mini for my 45x26x27 cm shrimp tank... tink it's one of chillers with the lowest working wattage around... approx 50W for 900 BTU... 2yr waranty... :cool:

downside... high price... under $900 :cry: ... and narrow control range, +- 0.3 deg C of set temperature (no manual range control setting feature, unless purchase a separate temperature controller >()... good for temperature stability... but bad for pocket n equipment as frequent intermitent running... runtime jus under 5mins every 17-20 mins, depending on ambient temperature...

hope this helps...