PDA

View Full Version : i feel like giving up ...

ichigo
3rd Mar 2009, 10:39 AM
i have about 40 pieces of sakuras to start with .

around 10 CRS .

the sakuras keep dying even though everything is fine .

my crs strangely are ok

every day almost i will see a dead shrimp .

its very dissapointing to see this but i dont know what is happening.

my tank is well cycled and temperature kept constant.

i feed everyday and they all eating well ( they swarm whenever i throw food in )

CAN SOMEONE PLESAE HELP ME OUT !! :(

regards ,
TRULY DISAPPOINTED .:embarasse

ichigo
3rd Mar 2009, 10:56 AM
i forgot to mention i also have a piece of old sea mud rock inside , is this causing the sakura shrimps to die ? thanks

retardo
3rd Mar 2009, 11:21 AM
Take out the rock and do a water change. See if this makes any difference. If it does, then the rock is altering your water chemistry and is the cause of your problems.

ichigo
3rd Mar 2009, 01:54 PM
Take out the rock and do a water change. See if this makes any difference. If it does, then the rock is altering your water chemistry and is the cause of your problems.
i mean the weird thing is the crs are still alive , shouldnt the CRS be more sensitive ?

mcgrimes
3rd Mar 2009, 02:35 PM
Oddly enough, ive had the same problem. Ive only lost 4 shrimp, and apart from 1 being a cardinal, the other 3 are all my sakura shrimp.
As far as im aware, sakura shrimp are a deeper colouration of cherry shrimp which ive heard are extremely easy to keep.
Could this deeper coloration weaken them maybe?

noobsheep
3rd Mar 2009, 02:35 PM
i got old sea mud rock in my tank too.
only sakuras/cherries. no death rate.
berried females losing eggs.
since its their first time as mum.
got 1 females still carrying its eggs, 2weeks soon.
everything seems fine except for all the different kind of worms i have.

but i think you could look into your water parameter, your amonia, KH, GH, PH, nitrate, etc
or maybe on previous threads about illness for shrimps.

moaid
3rd Mar 2009, 04:38 PM

around 10 CRS .

my crs strangely are ok

i feed everyday and they all eating well ( they swarm whenever i throw food in )

regards ,

ditto bro!...having the same "shit"uation...hehe
however, i have 2 berried females both seem to be doing well..and also seeing 1-2 shrimplets being released yesterday...but the last weeks i am seeing deaths everyday like u....

ichigo
3rd Mar 2009, 04:53 PM
so can anyone please help me ? i really at my wits end ... all the water tests seems fine . really weird.... but same i also have pregnant sakuras and giving birth , shrimplets all fine

noobsheep
3rd Mar 2009, 07:58 PM
old tank sydrome ?

ichigo
3rd Mar 2009, 10:07 PM
old tank sydrome ?
plesae explain ?

kevin
3rd Mar 2009, 11:01 PM
ichigo,

Dun be so sad.Not only you have this problem.I have experience before, staring the cherry on, after top with Sakura, ok,once everything look like ok, then top up with CRS.After one day , feel that tank dirty and changes the water ~30% after top up, secon day sthey are start say bye!bye ! friends.Until all the shrimps gone, then i reset up again the tank and slowing top up the shrimp & keep water litter bit ~0.5l day by day top up.Then rate keep on & reduce died rate.I feel that the water parameter is one of the big reason for it.So pls control well of the water should be ok.I never keep up .It is a new hobby target .So you also dun keep.Try again find ur own recipe & learn from the mistake & ask the expert in here.Sure one day you will keep it well.

silane
3rd Mar 2009, 11:48 PM

around 10 CRS .

my crs strangely are ok

regards ,

pH too low. Nothing to do with "strange", different species of shrimps has different water parameter requirement.

TitoC
4th Mar 2009, 01:11 AM
pH too low. Nothing to do with "strange", different species of shrimps has different water parameter requirement.

exactly what I thought: soft acidic water?

silane
4th Mar 2009, 01:48 AM
Yes, TitoC. A bit generalising, neocaridinal requires higher pH water that is close to neutral even at acidic range, and hardness, best is to have 4d GH at least.

While CRS, they are capable of doing well at low pH range, 6 can be Ok for some lines, 6.2 should be ok for most, but not necessary neocaridinal (cherry).

Also, some sly merchants keep their cherry at higher pH, 7.5 or so to drive their color out to be sold as sukura shrimps for better money, if the unwary buyers would to quickly acclaimise them into pH of low 6 and not even acclaimise them, the cherry or sukura will die of with days or weeks.

ichigo
4th Mar 2009, 10:31 AM
wow thanks silane , i totally get it willl remove the O.S mud rock now .