PDA

View Full Version : China Made External Canister Filter

jojo
21st Aug 2008, 08:40 PM
Hi
I would like to seek any opinion of China Made Canister (Jebo) compare to US (Eheim). For Eheim 2213 which cost $120 (440l/h) and Jebo $55 (1000l/h). Anyone use China made Canister before? Any comment?

thanks

Kevin11
21st Aug 2008, 09:07 PM
I would avoid Jebo filters. I have a friend who bought 2 Jebo canisters and both of them had leaking problems after only 3-4 months of use. He was lucky that it leaked in his basement where the floor is unfinished so no damage was done. I personally had 2 Jebo heaters and both failed after a few months. If you google Jebo, you'll find that a majority of other people's experiences on other forums are negative too with any Jebo product.

Not to bash Jebo, but I just think it falls into the category of "what you pay is what you get". I'd definately go with Eheim. Rena is ok too and a little more affordable.

pappyy3
22nd Aug 2008, 10:29 AM
Hi
I would like to seek any opinion of China Made Canister (Jebo) compare to US (Eheim). For Eheim 2213 which cost $120 (440l/h) and Jebo $55 (1000l/h). Anyone use China made Canister before? Any comment?

thanks

I agree with Kevin11's comments regarding Jebo filters. I have owned 2 cannisters (Unfortunately I bought them at the same time). They were absolute rubbish and both failed (with cracked motor housings) just after 12 months use...>(

I've heard many people highly recommend Eheim filters - but these are a little on the expensive side. If Eheim are out of your budget, than Fluval Cannisters are your next best bet.

I currently own fluval 305's and 405's and absolutely love them :D

jojo
22nd Aug 2008, 05:07 PM
Thanks Kevin11 and pappyy3 for your info. I have managed to get Eheim 2213 at a lower price $88.:D

lawngnome
3rd Sep 2008, 08:06 AM
The only problem i had with my jebo filter was that it was loud, but otherwise, for its price, it did its job well.

Crazy4Shrimps
8th Sep 2008, 10:09 AM
What about Atman cannister filter?

LeoLa_WahDone
8th Sep 2008, 10:25 PM
China Made Canister (Jebo) 1000l/h is undoubtedly more powerful!

but the use life of Eheim is likely to be longer!
moreover, when the water entrance gets stuck its motor won't burn that easy and water can still pass through!
that's why it's so expensive