PDA

View Full Version : Finally, article is out.

dom
8th Jun 2005, 12:52 PM
Dear all,

I would like to thank Robert and Fruitpie about the approval of the pictures and help out. This is just a very simple article and pictures to introduce the nano tank and shrimps. Hope there are more people going into this hobby.

Enjoy...

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y287/mapc/Haven/PagesfromHaven-2.jpg
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y287/mapc/Haven/PagesfromHaven-3.jpg
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y287/mapc/Haven/PagesfromHaven-4.jpg
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y287/mapc/Haven/PagesfromHaven-5.jpg

All contents and graphics in Haven may not reproduced in any form without the written permission of the publisher.

silane
8th Jun 2005, 01:10 PM
Thank for the article, dom. Is that you in red?

dom
8th Jun 2005, 01:14 PM
yes... I surpose to cover up my face. Ugly man. :embarasse

amber2461
8th Jun 2005, 02:26 PM
Hey Dom

You remind me of Tony Leung (the Hong Kong actor) so very much in the picture posted here.

Nice article by the way, well done! :cool:

dom
8th Jun 2005, 02:47 PM
:blush: really? Then i can goto HK and try my luck! :joking:

Robert
9th Jun 2005, 12:48 AM
Hi Dominic,
that is really a well written article! Although it is quit short, you mentioned all the necessary facts and more and more people should be interested in nano tanks from now on. BTW, your face is not ugly. He he, I know two guys here who wouldn't look much better, too.

best regards

Robert

amber2461
9th Jun 2005, 05:02 AM
:blush: really? Then i can goto HK and try my luck! :joking:

Hey Dom

Don't forget about us here when you make it big in HK, okay?

Cheers :cool:

retardo
9th Jun 2005, 10:38 AM
Hey Dom

You remind me of Tony Leung (the Hong Kong actor) so very much in the picture posted here.

Nice article by the way, well done! :cool:

Good eye, amber. I didn't make the Tony Leung connection until you just mentioned it.

amber2461
9th Jun 2005, 01:04 PM
Good eye, amber. I didn't make the Tony Leung connection until you just mentioned it.

Really? Hehehehe ... he does look like Tony Leung, doesn't he?

gnatster
10th Jun 2005, 04:38 AM
Very nice article, thanks for sharing and you look like yourself.

rclover
10th Jun 2005, 06:19 AM
amazing...

dom
10th Jun 2005, 10:18 AM
:joking: I just gave a call to one of the famous HK movie director. Wong Ka Wai... i told him that i look like Tony Leung. He asked me which Tony Leung? There are Tony Leung Ka Fai and Tony Leung Chew Wai. :D I said i look like both of them. And Mr.Wong said that I should look like orang hutan... lol

Robert, the article is just for newbie or public who dont know anything about nano tank and shrimp. Simple and nice. Actually i wrote 4 pages of article. Ended up edited by the writer of the magazine into few paragraghs only.

I received few orders to setup nano tank and there are colleagues and friends asking lot of Qs about it. Gonna get them into this hobby. :p

amber2461
10th Jun 2005, 10:51 AM
:joking: I just gave a call to one of the famous HK movie director. Wong Ka Wai... i told him that i look like Tony Leung. He asked me which Tony Leung? There are Tony Leung Ka Fai and Tony Leung Chew Wai. :D I said i look like both of them. And Mr.Wong said that I should look like orang hutan... lol

So funny you, of course Leung Chew Wai. Orang Hutan? Sure or not? :D

Robert, the article is just for newbie or public who dont know anything about nano tank and shrimp. Simple and nice. Actually i wrote 4 pages of article. Ended up edited by the writer of the magazine into few paragraghs only.

I received few orders to setup nano tank and there are colleagues and friends asking lot of Qs about it. Gonna get them into this hobby. :p

Just to show what those editing people will snip out of a well thought and well prepared document eh? Oh well ... c'est la vie ... at least it came out nicely. Suddenly you are a very popular person, that is nice. Good luck!

dom
14th Jun 2005, 09:59 AM
I just got few feed back from friends. Found there are few shrimp maniacs from HK looking for shrimps. Said it is hard to get in HK. They just can't wait and bought all the shrimps in lfs.

p/s: Marge, can you imagine the look which mixed Leung Chew Wai and Leung Ka Fai? hahaha...

silane
14th Jun 2005, 10:51 AM
I just got few feed back from friends. Found there are few shrimp maniacs from HK looking for shrimps. Said it is hard to get in HK. They just can't wait and bought all the shrimps in lfs.

HK has easily available shrimps like tiger, bee, diamond, cherry, golden back (that's what they called) shrimps, many Macrobrachium species and ....... Many of the species that are not yet in Singapore and Malaysia and yet they have it.

What they lack of are those shrimps from India like Long Nose and Neo Green shrimp.

dom
14th Jun 2005, 10:56 AM
I was wondering why they said HK don't have any. Perhaps, it is cheaper to get at here.

amber2461
14th Jun 2005, 02:59 PM
Cheaper to get in in Malaysia? Truly? Wow ...I would have thought that it was easier to get in HKG ... hmmmmm ...

Mixed look eh? I dunno ... what do you think, Tony? Hehehahahahahaha :joking: :joking: :joking:

dom
14th Jun 2005, 04:01 PM
I got no idea. Perhaps need to find out from them later on. And i just received a call from one of the lfs which i put them in the stockist. They said there are 2 taiwanese ladies came and complaining about the ADA stuff are expensive in Malaysia. But end up, they bought all the ADA stuff. :huh: funny!

Tony...which tony? Tony Chang Zhi Wai? :D

amber2461
15th Jun 2005, 03:27 PM
:P Huh? Who? Hehehhehehehe