PDA

View Full Version : Success at haveing red cherry babies!

dwaffer
7th Jun 2005, 12:46 PM
Well I finnaly have little RCS in my shrimp only tank. I've spotted about 5 so far but it is impossible to tell how many because my tank is so heavely planted. I bought a camera today but have been unable to take a good close up pic. Its a HP Photosmart R707. I hope I didnt make a mistake as I primarly wanted one for take pictures of my aquatics.
Is anyone familiar with that camera? I still have alot of learning to do with its operation.

Anyway thanks to you all here at this forum for helping me get my RCS to breed! :D :D :D

amber2461
7th Jun 2005, 12:56 PM
Hey Congratulations Daddy and welcome to the club! :grin2: :grin2: :grin2:

Lotus
7th Jun 2005, 01:15 PM
Congratulations on the babies :)

We have another HP photosmart model, unfortunately, it stopped working after just under a year :( You will have to play around with the settings and work out how to best use it. A tripod (even a small cheap one or a stack of books to steady the camera) will help with the macro shots.

dwaffer
7th Jun 2005, 01:30 PM
Thanks!
Especially you amber2461 for sending the males! :D

Lotus were you ever able to take good pics with your hp camera?

P.S. for those intrested I just found another 20 Dwarf Puffer eggs aswell. :D

GunmetalBlue
7th Jun 2005, 02:17 PM
Congrats, Dwaffer! Sounds like you've hit the jackpot. :baby: :baby: :baby:

I'm still waiting... perhaps I need Marge (Amber) to send me males as well! :joking:

-GB

amber2461
8th Jun 2005, 09:05 AM
Hey, wow, you definitely hit the jackpot now .... good luck with the eggs then. :cool:

Lotus
8th Jun 2005, 11:06 AM
Yes, we took quite a lot of good pics with the camera. There are a lot on our site, I think almost all were taken with the HP. There are some close ups on the blog site, linked from our site: http://home.earthlink.net/~ecotek/index.html You can click on some of the images for a larger version. As far as I know, it takes a lot of time and patience to take the pictures when you have anything moving fast that you're trying to take a macro image of. I have to say, none of the images on the site are fabulous, I guess we have too many tanks and too many fish, and not enough time for photography. ;)

amber2461
8th Jun 2005, 02:32 PM
You have very nice looking tanks and healthy plants too ... nice work and of course, nice pictures too.

dwaffer
9th Jun 2005, 07:11 PM
Thanks all! :D

Its turning out to be a really good camera after all lotus. thanks for the tips.

Here are a couple of pics of my RCS babies:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v722/Paulakadwaffer/june05/jun705003.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v722/Paulakadwaffer/june05/jun705010.jpg

GunmetalBlue
10th Jun 2005, 02:55 AM
Your RCS babies look adorable, Dwaffer! :happy: Glad to hear you like your camera. The great thing about digicams is you get instant feedback and you can take as many pics as you want, as you download them to your PC to free up your memory card.

Thanks for sharing your site, Lotus, wow, so many wonderful aquariums with a nice variety of water life! BTW, I notice you have the *very rare* freshwater shark. What do you guys feed it? Uninvited guests? lol :cool:

amber2461
10th Jun 2005, 04:02 AM
BTW, I notice you have the *very rare* freshwater shark. What do you guys feed it? Uninvited guests? lol :cool:

lol :D lol :D lol

Lotus
10th Jun 2005, 10:06 AM
Yes, it snacks on stray cats and dogs most of the time, and the occasional kid that sneaks in to use the pool :lol: Of course, we don't really have a shark in the back yard. ;)

Thanks for the nice comments on the tanks :)

Walter
29th Jun 2005, 03:07 PM
Congrats on the babies.. Soon there will be more! lol

dwaffer
29th Jun 2005, 09:54 PM
thanks! :D

The females are already berried up with new fertilized eggs.... :D

Seems like I could have alot more than I expected.... :shocked:

I'm not really sure why these shrimps are so costly.
I guess its because they are still kinda rare... :undecided

I very much appreciate the help from the members of this forum.
It sure has helped :D

Thanks all!

amber2461
30th Jun 2005, 02:31 PM
Congratulations ... 'daddy' again ... :D

dwaffer
1st Jul 2005, 01:19 AM
thanks marge! :D

amber2461
1st Jul 2005, 11:51 AM
You are welcome! :joking: