PDA

View Full Version : Cross bred shrimp!

dom
2nd Jun 2005, 10:15 AM
Hi guys,

Are you keeping the shrimps seperately in different tank with the specific species? OR just dump all of them together?

My nano can't really giving them a good environment to breed. But my 2ft tank is the great place for all kind of shrimps to breed. My cherry having the 6th generation. My Blue going to have 2nd. My tiger n other coming soon. That's why I keep all soft of shrimps inside a tank.

Recently, I found some with the transparent body like Tiger. But with the red stripes. Instead of brown stripes like Tiger. Suspecting they are hybrid Tiger and cherry. Is that possible?

simcb
3rd Jun 2005, 09:58 AM
Hi guys,

Are you keeping the shrimps seperately in different tank with the specific species? OR just dump all of them together?

My nano can't really giving them a good environment to breed. But my 2ft tank is the great place for all kind of shrimps to breed. My cherry having the 6th generation. My Blue going to have 2nd. My tiger n other coming soon. That's why I keep all soft of shrimps inside a tank.

Recently, I found some with the transparent body like Tiger. But with the red stripes. Instead of brown stripes like Tiger. Suspecting they are hybrid Tiger and cherry. Is that possible?

Hi,

Some variation of tiger have red stripes to brown and blue stripes. If that shrimp you mention has no other feature other than difference in the color of stripes. Then its possibly not a hybrid, in this case i am guessing you just might have a brown tiger parent with some geno of a red tiger parent.