PDA

View Full Version : red cherry shrimps

baruch mor
17th May 2005, 10:45 PM
just got 200 pieces of them from singapore on sunday (about 170 alive) - first time in israel!
cost me about 1.5 usd each - i know its a lot , but needed only small shippment...
after i have read all the data here in the species section - could u give more tips on how to keep them n breed them.
thanks

GunmetalBlue
20th May 2005, 10:20 AM
Hi Baruch Mor, interesting to hear Israel now has someone who is keeping and is interested in breeding Red Cherry Shrimp! So are you saying you may be the first in your area? :)

After you read the data in the species section, it's also helpful to read some back topics covering issues related to RCS and shrimp in general, from several different sources. It's insightful to read of other people's personal experiences. Then when you have specific questions, feel free to ask away! I'm sure someone knowledgeable will be willing to help you out.

In general though, hope you started out with a large enough tank that was properly cycled. Shrimp are often even more sensitive than fish concerning water quality. Some losses might be inevitable in the first week or two due to stress and different water parameters. How are they doing now? Hope they'll do okay!

-GunmetalBlue