PDA

View Full Version : Yet Another Crystal Red Shrimp ?

silane
13th May 2005, 06:47 PM
My friend got this red specimen from her batch of normal new bee/bee shrimp:
http://www.shrimpnow.com/mygallery/files/2/DSCN7477.jpg

A normal new bee/bee shrimp:
http://www.shrimpnow.com/mygallery/files/2/Dscn3872.jpg

Is this the starting of Crystal Red Shrimp II ? :)

Walter
13th May 2005, 11:34 PM
Wow, pregnant as well! :D

Hmm, does look like a CRS to me, but i experience the same thing as well before. I got a batch of bees with one that is red/white! :D Too bad it died. But I kind of noted the reddish part on them are not as concentrated. The whitish part is also quite transperant. But looking at colours seem to be a very poor gauging tool. So fruitpie what is your personal view?

silane
15th May 2005, 02:51 AM
Wow, pregnant as well! :D

Hmm, does look like a CRS to me, but i experience the same thing as well before. I got a batch of bees with one that is red/white! :D Too bad it died. But I kind of noted the reddish part on them are not as concentrated. The whitish part is also quite transperant. But looking at colours seem to be a very poor gauging tool. So fruitpie what is your personal view?

My personal view...... It is quite common to see some form of color change in pregnant shrimp, in some case, black can turn brown or reddish brown, and white become thinner, this maybe the case. But there is a possibility that it is showing the recessive red like a CRS.

Walter
15th May 2005, 07:37 PM
Wow I didn't know the colour change can be that big! From black to red is amazing! :D Thanks for sharing, learnt something new again. :D :drummer:

Lobsterman
15th May 2005, 10:26 PM
My personal view...... It is quite common to see some form of color change in pregnant shrimp, in some case, black can turn brown or reddish brown, and white become thinner, this maybe the case. But there is a possibility that it is showing the recessive red like a CRS.

Like what you said, it could really be the reccessive genes. Perhaps I should start getting some bees to try out first. Currently only into Cherries, yet to take the plunge. :)

Class 66
16th May 2005, 09:18 AM
Hi fruitpie,

Would like to make a confirmation, does that means that if I purchase some bee from the LFS, I would stand a chance to get some CRS from mutation in the future generation?
I went to a LFS recently, I also notice some of the bee actually have certain resemblance to the CRS, except the colouring are much lighter and almost unnoticable. Considering the pricing is so much difference, should worth a try if it's true :D
Same as lobsterman, I still dare not go into CRS. :embarasse

silane
16th May 2005, 10:36 AM
Class 66,

Crystal Red Shrimps were derived from a small of red speciment that were found among the diamond/bee shrimp, so by choosing red new bee/bee shrimp to breed them to produce red offsprings is not an obscure idea. From what I see the challenge is to keep bee/bee shrimp alive and to find true red speciments (not loss of black due to enviromental factors).

Class 66
16th May 2005, 04:55 PM
Class 66,

Crystal Red Shrimps were derived from a small of red speciment that were found among the diamond/bee shrimp, so by choosing red new bee/bee shrimp to breed them to produce red offsprings is not an obscure idea. From what I see the challenge is to keep bee/bee shrimp alive and to find true red speciments (not loss of black due to enviromental factors).

Guess I can start keeping Bee first, in this way, I can learn how to handle those more demanding species and secondly, hopefully can get some mutation from the Bee shrimps.... :D