PDA

View Full Version : can i Mix

marcus
21st Apr 2005, 08:14 AM
just want to check can i mix my shrimps wif neon tetra in a 1ft tank .as one of mine shrimps have just give birth to small fries and hide under the drif wood
. As me very new to shrimp. :)

simcb
21st Apr 2005, 09:15 AM
just want to check can i mix my shrimps wif neon tetra in a 1ft tank .as one of mine shrimps have just give birth to small fries and hide under the drif wood
. As me very new to shrimp. :)

From my experience with my past neon tetra eats shrimplets, they even take a nibble at freshly moulted adult shrimps when they are hungry.

marcus
21st Apr 2005, 09:17 AM
shit so that mean i must take out the tetra?

From my experience with my past neon tetra eats shrimplets, they even take a nibble at freshly moulted adult shrimps when they are hungry.

simcb
21st Apr 2005, 09:47 AM
shit so that mean i must take out the tetra?

Unless you have lots of hiding places.....only 1 or 2 tetra is ok....lesser chance your shrimplets might get eaten unless you many have in your 1ft. Well i still prefer a fishless shrimp tank though. There is no definite right or wrong.

Hope it helps. :)

janazr
22nd Apr 2005, 01:34 AM
You will going to lose the shrimplets from Tetras, its a good meal for them :)

Walter
22nd Apr 2005, 01:20 PM
yes, neons will eat shrimplets, it is not advisable. :) even without concerning the shrimplets, the presense of neons will stress your shrimps. considering it is only a 1ft tank as well :)