PDA

View Full Version : Need Info On This Shrimp

baruch mor
21st Apr 2005, 01:21 AM
just got a dozen from this species - could u give me more info about them?
how to keep them alive?
breeding conditions - how many times a year? temp? water parameters? salt - yes or no? etc.
http://grm.m.walla.co.il/briefcase/00f3/p/u/g/g/y/1/2/@/@/@/@/@/@/@/@/@/@/@/@/@/@/@/@/@/@/r/200409232324421342/200504202017283184/2384.jpg
thanks

Robert
21st Apr 2005, 03:13 AM
Hi Baruch Mor,
these are bumble bee shrimps, Caridina cf. breviata. They are similar to diamond/bee shrimps and require the same conditions. They are closely related with tiger and bee shrimps and belong to the Caridina serrata group. They come from southern China. Sometimes they are mixed with new bee shrimps which look almost exactly the same except for the head. Bumble bee shrimps have always a brown head while new bee shrimps have a white/beige one. For some pictures and more information take a look here: Caridina sp. 'bumble bee' (http://www.shrimpnow.com/modules.php?name=Content&file=viewarticle&id=22) .

best regards

Robert

Walter
21st Apr 2005, 04:53 PM
i think all the information about these are in the link.

and they look really nice :D

ralp
21st Apr 2005, 09:14 PM
Hi everybody,

... The white stripe on the cephalothorax (the forebody so to say) can vary a lot but it is always white till pale white. ...
The white stripes of my bumblebees are not white. They are not even pale white. They are more like transparent. On the other hand are the black stripes very fine. Is it possible to adjust the white? Maybe by choosing the right food or something else?

Thanks in advance. Ralp

Robert
22nd Apr 2005, 12:23 AM
Hi Ralf,
there are always some exceptions from the "rule". I also have one shrimp of this species with transparent stripes. It should be because of the mood or the age because they get the same food and conditions for months now but had better coloration when I got them. I don't know yet what causes this loss of white coloration.

best regards

Robert

ralp
22nd Apr 2005, 03:33 PM
Thanks Robert,

i just worried about wether they donīt feel well. They have had transparent stripes already when i bought them. I love them anyway, but they are very hard to find in my dark tank. Here in Sweden it is very difficult to get some other shrimps besides Yamato or Cherry.

Have a nice day. Ralp