PDA

View Full Version : Plants & Water Condition Need Advises

ataru
1st May 2007, 09:31 AM
Hi all,

New in the planted tank.Need some advise from all of yours.
How to control good water condition for the shrimp & plants?
Plants: Mosses (Errect & taiwan mosses).
Shrimp:Cheery & Bee& tiger.
Fish:few hemigrammus erythrozonus,hemigammus bleheri &brachdanio rerio
Lamp and fan use at control on 26.5-27.5 deg C.
Tank size:33cm x25cm x21cm
Tank without supply CO2.
After set up and put in the plants Nana & mosse.The mosse can be grow well after one month,The mosse start turn to brown & yellow.What is the problem?Is that without CO2?But i hav esee some of the feed back the mosse still can grow without Co2.I have test in the office, it cangrow well under the temp 24-25 deg.

I have add water to tank daily .
Conditioning the water before add to tank.(Normal will keep the water one day before top up to tank.

Condition of the water is mixed with some soil + black water+anti clorine+lique fertilizer.

After add the water some time fish will die, shrimp as too.What is the problem?PH water control in 6.5-7.5

Pls advise.Thanks.

Xema
1st May 2007, 05:07 PM
Hello,
Welcome to the forum.

Itīs quite scarce what you tell us that occured in your shrimp tank.

Mosses can grow very well without CO2 supply, but they cannīt grow in good condition without light. The secret for little tanks with moss grwing healthy is light and water, you need apport enogh light and a slight acid and soft water.

This is my Cherry tank
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b263/Aquatika/Fauna%20Aquatica/Shrimps/cherrytank0120112006800.jpg

Itīs 40 liter in volume, and has 2x18w compact bulb as light. Actually mosses grow within really fast and currently is flodded of them.

In short:

- Provide good quality of water, slight acid and low minerals.
- Provide a good lighting.
- Provide a good filtering.
- And do water change every week.

Frank
1st May 2007, 05:39 PM
As my personal experience erect moss is a bit more sensitive than other sorts of moss. It turns brown easily.

ataru
2nd May 2007, 11:20 PM
hi,

Thanks for sharing experience.

I have turn on the lighting 10 hrs a day.Every day top up 1 liter water as because use fan.Weekly change water 1/4 tank.Normal filtering..
May be the water is not cool enough ?I have use fan to cool the water and maintain on 26.5 -27.5 deg C.

Will try continue to keep....Thanks all of your advise.

AA24
11th May 2007, 08:45 PM
When you do your water change, it is better to mix in the anti-chlorine into the pail of water and then give it a good stir, let it sit for 20mins then add into your tank..

moss does not need additional co2 to thrive.. I feel temp and light are more important..

fish and shrimp don't really get along.. especially if you want baby shrimp..

cheers...........