PDA

View Full Version : Any experience with CO2 tablets?

gerbil
2nd Dec 2006, 05:32 PM
My willow moss isn't doing too healthy :cry: although my other plants and other moss are doing fine. I'm wondering if CO2 tablets will help? Has anyone used these? Will they make the pH etc. fluctuate wildly and potentially harm my CRS? I'd like to try DIY CO2 but am simply too busy right now but would still like to salvage my moss setup!

Shadow
27th Dec 2006, 11:35 PM
doesn't work for me, not sure other people though

three-fingers
28th Dec 2006, 03:41 AM
When you say co2 tablets, do you mean the kind you can buy at your lfs in kits for plants? If so they are useless :( . If you cant get a yeast based co2 system at the moment, and are too busy to DIY one, co2 tablets are still a waste of time and money I'm afraid. I have yet to meet anyone who has had good results from them.
If you mean ones without a kit, ones you just put straight in the water and they fizz releasing bubbles, then they actually make the water have LESS co2 :shocked: .
Adding co2 to aquariums generally reduces the pH too, but not far or fast enough to kill shrimp :) .

hskier
28th Dec 2006, 06:41 PM
Don't buy. Just DIY CO2 is better.

gerbil
29th Dec 2006, 12:50 AM
I bit the bullet and now have DIY CO2 units running in both my nano tanks. Thanks all for your help!