PDA

View Full Version : help needed

EbI
4th Sep 2006, 07:50 PM
hi to all
i need help here.as my house is doing some up grading.there is alot of dust on my water surface due to fan running 24hour.

is dust on the water harmfull to CRS?

so far notting happen yet no shrimp death but water is dirty as you can see dust in it also. :( :( :(

retardo
5th Sep 2006, 06:15 PM
I'd minimize the amount of dust that gets on the water surface as much as possible.

Kenshin
6th Sep 2006, 12:50 PM
I have the same problem as well and my water started to become cloudy (never happened before), and even after I carry out water changes along with cleaning all of my filter. No dead corpses either!! And my planted tank is being cooled by a fan as well. My other tank of CRS/Black Bee shrimp is being cooled by an IceProbe Chiller and no problem with that tank water at all. So I cleaned out the fan today and I hope that will fix the problem (the fan was very dirty as well since it was also being used 24 hrs a day).

retardo
6th Sep 2006, 03:26 PM
Cloudy water could also be caused by a bacterial bloom in your tank.

Kenshin
6th Sep 2006, 08:13 PM
Hi then,
If bacterial boom is the case, may I ask what I can do to stop it? I replaced a new sponge around the intake of my power filter and washed all of the contents within the filter, and the tank is still cloudy after overnight. I would really appreciate for any help. Thank you.