PDA

View Full Version : Blue dream aquascape

Rastaman
27th Jun 2014, 08:09 PM
This is my Neocaridina davidi 'Blue dream' tank :)

Dimensions: 35x30x22cm (23l)
Filtration: Hang on 300l/h
Light: LED panel 10W
Substrate: ADA Aquasiol Amazonia
CO2: DIY 15-20ppm
Decoration: Seiryu stones
Plants: Riccardia chamedryfolia, Fissidens fontanus
Water parameters: KH5, GH9, pH6,8, Temp. 26'C

hyoushoku
27th Jun 2014, 11:45 PM
Nice tank you have there!!!

How long is this tank started up?

Rastaman
27th Jun 2014, 11:57 PM
Thank you! The tank was started 30.03.2014. After a month i put Paracheirodon simulans in there. It is my IAPLC tank this year, so the fishes were there only for final photo. 3 weeks ago i have removed the fishes, and put this shrimps.:D
This is the photo for IAPLC

hyoushoku
28th Jun 2014, 12:09 AM
Cool~ Did you use flash light to take this picture?

By the way, that shrimp is you breed yourself or bought from others or shop?

Rastaman
28th Jun 2014, 12:17 AM
I have used 300W strobe light. Shrimps are from one shop in Germany :) Hope they will breed in there - i noticed one female with eggs :D

hyoushoku
28th Jun 2014, 12:28 AM
I see, no wonder. There is huge hot spot behind the tank.

FYI. That is not a neo shrimp, it is blue diamond tiger cross with Rili/blue jelly (it is different from the blue jelly as you can see the blue is very deep, which I called it lightning blue). It is very hard to come by. It took me quite sometime to breed it out last time. Since it has neo gene, it will breed easily but not sure the one you got has stable gene on producing the all deep blue offspring or not.

Rastaman
28th Jun 2014, 12:41 AM
Thank you for the information. They really doesn't look like Blue dream on their website picture. I already sent them question about this (waiting for reply). Blue dream should have to be more colored, and mine are blue transparent, and some have stripes like tigers, so now i don't know how should i call them...:huh:

hyoushoku
28th Jun 2014, 12:55 AM
It is blue dream, I checked with Google. I never know they already gave this variant a name. LOL!!!

The blue will get darker according to water parameter and light intensity. This is a thread I posted when I successfully stabilized the gene: http://forum.shrimpnow.com/forums/showthread.php/11422-Lightning-Blue-Rili?highlight=lightning

Seeing strips are normal as it is a crossbreed of tiger but it means that it is not stable yet. When I posted the above thread, I don't think there is anyone selling it. Thus, they have breed it recently.

Gustavo Crivelli
4th Jul 2014, 12:55 AM

FYI. That is not a neo shrimp, it is blue diamond tiger cross with Rili/blue jelly (it is different from the blue jelly as you can see the blue is very deep, which I called it lightning blue). It is very hard to come by. It took me quite sometime to breed it out last time. Since it has neo gene, it will breed easily but not sure the one you got has stable gene on producing the all deep blue offspring or not.

Please, explain how on earth some could cross blue diamond tiger (Caridina) with Rili/blue Jelly (Neocaridina)! Sry, but its impossible! They are different species!

hyoushoku
4th Jul 2014, 01:58 AM
Please, explain how on earth some could cross blue diamond tiger (Caridina) with Rili/blue Jelly (Neocaridina)! Sry, but its impossible! They are different species!

You just try and put a few OEBT female and a lot of male Rili for a few months. Don't need to explain, just see them in action. :)

stonedaquarium
4th Nov 2014, 10:55 AM

hello hyoushoku... i am curious what you mena that its a blue diamond tiger cross with rili/blue jelly? is blue diamond tiger cross a different neo species?

thanks

hyoushoku
4th Nov 2014, 11:39 AM
Yes, they do cross-breed. I think their ancestor root are similar branch. Similarly, humpbacks whale does crossbreed with blue whale.

Rastaman
14th Nov 2014, 12:27 AM
This tank doing great... I have a lot of shrimplets. But there is one problem, they are not bluish like parents, but reddish... :S
What happedn, unstabile genes??? Looks like rili shrimps :S

hyoushoku
14th Nov 2014, 12:30 AM
Blue dream is cross breed between Rili and blue tiger.

If you are getting Rili, then is pretty unstable gene.

Rastaman
14th Nov 2014, 12:38 AM
I see.... Can I get then Blue tiger shrimplets from Blue dream parents???

hyoushoku
14th Nov 2014, 03:47 AM
I breed blue dream myself before. I never encounter blue tiger offspring. However, if the breeder was using orange eyes tiger, you may get orange eyes Rili.

bailliesmum
15th Nov 2014, 05:01 AM
I'm sorry I'm new to this and don't know how to set up my own thread lol, I have just bought 2 more yamato shrimp (amano) shrimp today, I have a tropical tank that now has 4 shrimp along with other fish, I have noticed that one of the shrimp that I bought (from a tropical tank) seems to pregnant, I've read that the eggs won't hatch in this type of water as they need fresh water/ salt water is this true or ha anyone successfully bread them (not that I was looking to breed them but I have a pregnant one lol)

hyoushoku
15th Nov 2014, 12:37 PM
The berried shrimp is Yamato shrimp? If yes, then you are correct. Yamato (Amano) shrimp's offspring have to go through larvae stage. These larvae need blackish water's high nutrients level to morph into a final stage.

bailliesmum
16th Nov 2014, 12:52 AM
The berried shrimp is Yamato shrimp? If yes, then you are correct. Yamato (Amano) shrimp's offspring have to go through larvae stage. These larvae need blackish water's high nutrients level to morph into a final stage.

Thanks for that I wasn't on planning in breeding them and noticed that one was pregnant I take it the other fish in the tank will just eat the eggs as it's a tropical tank with corries and Molly's

hyoushoku
16th Nov 2014, 01:03 AM
The larvae will hatch in the tank and swim towards light. If you have fish, then the fish will eat them before they die.