PDA

View Full Version : Black King Kong turning dark blue color

thongfam
26th Mar 2014, 11:19 AM
Hi,

I have about 10 black king kongs in the shrimp tank with Wine Red and Panda. Recently, I noticed that a few of the BKKs are turning dark blue instead of it's original black color when I first gotten them. The BKKs are bought 1 month ago while the addition of Wine Red and Panda came 2 weeks ago.

Nothing unusual happen as I did my routine water change weekly and I observed them behaving normally in the tank with others.

Anyone can help to advise or share the reason for the change in color? For your information, color of Wine Red and Panda are doing fine.

Thanks and appreciate your help.

Regards
KM

monjak2444
27th Mar 2014, 08:37 PM
maybe the just moulted so they look brand new :)

silane
15th Jul 2014, 04:10 PM
King Kong when move to less acidic water will affect its color, making it look paler for some.

hyoushoku
15th Jul 2014, 09:54 PM
Hi,

I have about 10 black king kongs in the shrimp tank with Wine Red and Panda. Recently, I noticed that a few of the BKKs are turning dark blue instead of it's original black color when I first gotten them. The BKKs are bought 1 month ago while the addition of Wine Red and Panda came 2 weeks ago.

Nothing unusual happen as I did my routine water change weekly and I observed them behaving normally in the tank with others.

Anyone can help to advise or share the reason for the change in color? For your information, color of Wine Red and Panda are doing fine.

Thanks and appreciate your help.

Regards
KM

BKK is dark blue and not black. It is the shell get thick then become black. Your BKK maybe experiencing thinning of shell or dropping color.

Can you post a couple of hidef close up picture for us to diagnose?