PDA

View Full Version : riccia ain't pearling... plz help//

shermans
26th Aug 2006, 03:43 PM
my riccia ain't pearling despite 45watt/ 40 litre and co2 ... what to do?

is it coz i'm using flourescent and that's why it ain't efficiency enough?

or my co2 which doesn't dissolve properly??? i think it does coz the fish are @ the surface...

plz help ... i can get riccia in another 18litre tank to pearl but not in this 40liter... so help.....

sniping shrimp
10th Sep 2007, 11:31 PM
my riccia ain't pearling despite 45watt/ 40 litre and co2 ... what to do?

is it coz i'm using flourescent and that's why it ain't efficiency enough?

or my co2 which doesn't dissolve properly??? i think it does coz the fish are @ the surface...

plz help ... i can get riccia in another 18litre tank to pearl but not in this 40liter... so help.....

Tank Dimension? Fertilisation? When was the last time u change to new light tubes? Riccia are light demanding plants and in nature they float.

Repz
11th Sep 2007, 08:39 AM
how many bubbles per second is your co2 releasing?

AA24
19th Oct 2007, 11:17 PM
You gotto add fertilizer.. Estimative Index is good.. Results are not immediate.. When the plant is in good condition and with CO2 and light it will pearl..

Lights.. WPG rule is 3wpg.. But I use alittle more more..

Robert
20th Oct 2007, 06:43 AM
Hi,
please stick to our rules, especially regarding orthography. If you continue to ignore them, I will delete this topic.

Regards

Robert

Marya
5th Dec 2007, 04:55 AM
I believe the problem is too little CO2 and probably far too little light. But if you can get it to pearl in another tank, why don't you just create the same conditions as in that tank?
:)

Fumoon
22nd Dec 2007, 12:39 AM
I would say it might be your lights. My Riccia starts pearling after I had my lights on for an hour.
For the CO2 I'm using the Hagen system which bubbles every 5 seconds.
As for the lights I had two Philips Marathon twisters, 60W each and they're those white light ones. Oh....my tank is just a 10G.

Hope this gives you an idea on what will work....;)

milt
24th Dec 2007, 09:31 AM
Hmmm..... Nobody ask about temperature yet, as I understand, the cooler the temperature, the higher the concentration of dissolved CO2 and the higher the chance of pearling. I read somewhere that the temperature should be about 25C. :)

go9ma123
30th Dec 2007, 07:23 PM
If you want the result, I would say wait at least 3-4weeks. They don't grow that fast.
I got ricca from fish store and I do give DIY co2. After 1 month, I see them growing pretty good.

Marya
2nd Jan 2008, 04:31 PM
If you supply CO2 by a compressed gas bottle you see instant pearling, is my experience. You don't have to wait for the plant to get bigger first. If you don't supply CO2 but still high amounts of light you will not see pearling, again to my experience, and you will get slow growth.
I have Riccia fluitans 'dwarf' and it grows quite fast and pearls so much that it can be difficult to see the plant itself (which I actually find is a pity). In my tank this plant needs retieing app. every 2-3 weeks to stay pretty and not "take off".

h00t
2nd Jan 2008, 04:45 PM
I'm @ 6WPG and 2 bubbles/ second. My riccia begins pearling 2 hours after the lights come on. consistent 74*F. hope that helps.