PDA

View Full Version : Cherries Going Black..

mnnice
29th Dec 2013, 10:45 AM
Hello all... I don't have a picture yet but I got some cherry shrimp that are going black. These came from a friend of mine and we do a lot of trading back and forth. I ended up trading some yellow neos for them. Anyways these came from his stock of cherries that he has had for a couple years and now a black gene has came out and wondering if anyone else has had seen this happen? He gave me a couple females that are very very dark and hope to see if they kick out black babies also.. Be kind of interesting if it is something that will pass on and see what I can do with it if it is a genetic trait. Guess my main question is if anyone else on here has seen this in their cherries...

Primal Rage
30th Dec 2013, 03:44 AM
I certainly have. Recently I received some cherrys that contained a female that was almost black. She had berries too. I will let u know in a couple months if I find any almost black babies.

mnnice
30th Dec 2013, 06:32 AM
Be interesting for sure Primal to see what comes out of them. Maybe down the road we can do some trading to exchange some genetics.

Primal Rage
1st Jan 2014, 07:35 AM
I am definitely interested in some trades that might improve diversity down the road. Hopefully there are some extra dark babies popping up in the next coming months. My shrimp tank has a lot of plants and grasses and some driftwood so it might be awhile before I actually see them. Keep ya posted man!

mnnice
2nd Jan 2014, 10:37 AM
Lol I know the feeling.. I put mine in a planted tank with black rocks... Hard to find the real dark ones now.. Guess I may of not thought that one all the way through..