PDA

View Full Version : Neocaridina davidi "yellow" x Sakura Red rili

SchorpioenW
25th Aug 2013, 04:00 PM
Is there anybody who did this crossing? What was the result?

I like to try this crossing.

SchorpioenW
2nd Dec 2013, 03:19 PM
Nobody? Also not a similar crossing?

mnnice
5th Dec 2013, 11:28 AM
From what I have read all you would get is "ugly normal (wild type) looking shrimp".. I have both red rili and yellow but have not tried any type of crossings myself. Maybe some day.. All I can say is take a male and female and see what happens. I would be interested to see what comes out of it.

SchorpioenW
5th Dec 2013, 07:56 PM
All I can say is take a male and female and see what happens.I already did. a have a few little shrimpletts, but cannot tell you how they will look like. They are to small. Perhaps after a few weeks.

Philderodez
6th Dec 2013, 05:52 AM
Green, hidding both Yellow and red, reappear when you cross them, (Mendel), some are rilli, some not

SchorpioenW
6th Dec 2013, 04:56 PM
Green, hidding both Yellow and red, reappear when you cross them, (Mendel), some are rilli, some notIs this your experience or is this your prediction?

nogi
7th Jan 2014, 04:49 PM
Mine went wild colour and then the wild took over the tank LOL

Philderodez
25th Jan 2014, 01:14 AM
Is this your experience or is this your prediction?

My experience. Never assert what i didn't try. I curreently have this kind of issue, green/brown (wild color). They give half yellows in youngs.

Philderodez
25th Jan 2014, 01:15 AM
Cull males and mate females with yellow males

Meszi64
29th Mar 2014, 07:47 PM
Hello , Give us some pictures please :)

shrimpletess
29th May 2014, 03:56 PM
You can't tell really because rili may carry blue genes.
I crossed red cherries with red rilis and they turned out a mix of red cherries again, red rilis and eventually blue shrimp started popping up after a few generations. So it's a long process.

With red rilis and yellows, who knows...The blue genes in some rilis can get you some interesting stuff down the line here and there but maybe the first ones could turn out some brown coloured ones because of the red and yellow mix.

liljaime
4th Jun 2014, 07:26 AM
I dont know why people always try to discourage crosses like these because they say it results in "ugly shrimp" this result happens in all crosses shrimp or fish in f1 generations you have to go though more generations or back cross early generations to get the results your looking for IE. tibees look terrible in f1 but later generations look more and more amazing. good luck looking forward to pictures