PDA

View Full Version : Lightning Blue Rili

hyoushoku
19th Jul 2013, 08:19 PM
Hi all,

Just to share with you on my successful breeding a new variant of Rili that is lightning blue in color (I think in Taiwan someone breeded something similar but without the red patch). It started of as an accidental cross-breeding quite sometime ago and after that I managed to breed till the blue color gets darker and gene becomes more stable.

Cheers.

etcamire04
20th Jul 2013, 10:41 AM
Really nice shrimp. Is the coloration quite stable or it need back crossing to keep it?

monjak2444
20th Jul 2013, 10:54 AM
it looks real nice in color hyo amazin shrimp,my orange rillis just gave birth so it will be fun to see if the babys looks like their parants.
what kind of shrimps did u pair together.

matblack
20th Jul 2013, 07:24 PM
Very Nice Blue

hyoushoku
26th Jul 2013, 03:09 AM
Really nice shrimp. Is the coloration quite stable or it need back crossing to keep it?

It has been crossing back and forth of a year and with other mixed gene. The first gen was like Blue Jelly shrimp, very light blue. The only problem now their color is very sensitive to water parameter and lighting. Due to it's OEBT and BKK gene, it needs tons of trace elements. When the light is strong (I have my light set to 4 hours of peak in the middle of the day and gradual brighten / dim), it will turn lighter.

it looks real nice in color hyo amazin shrimp,my orange rillis just gave birth so it will be fun to see if the babys looks like their parants.
what kind of shrimps did u pair together.

Hope your babies will be born soon. :)

It's quite complicated and time consuming to breed that color. It started off with accidental breeding of OEBT and Red Rili, it comes out as Red Rili with light blue body like those you can buy easy nowadays. After that, it breed with PFR and strengthen back the red. Then it breed again with OEBT then BKK X Red Rili (darken the body). This process just keep going for a while.

With the above complicated process, I have another gene that spin off with green color but not as deep yet. Maybe some time down the road, I can get it darken. I saw a few green young female already has saddle, maybe I will just help them to play matchmake to get better color.

Very Nice Blue

Thanks. :)

Moloto
26th Jul 2013, 06:10 AM
Gorgeous shrimp you have there! Would be pretty cool if you can get the orange eyes on them from the OEBT genes!

hyoushoku
26th Jul 2013, 10:39 AM
Gorgeous shrimp you have there! Would be pretty cool if you can get the orange eyes on them from the OEBT genes!

One of my green color one has it. However, to stable it's gene it will be months or year away.

monjak2444
26th Jul 2013, 12:16 PM
hi hyo

i'am a bit confused you say u breed oebt whit red rillis how could that be done,neocaridina + caridina i thougt that could't be done.
othervise i think it is your rilli shrimps there made a blue jelly shrimp or the new name blue fairy lol blue jelly is now a taiwan bee.
what is pfr ? and i would love to see your shrimp one day.

hyoushoku
26th Jul 2013, 02:28 PM
hi hyo

i'am a bit confused you say u breed oebt whit red rillis how could that be done,neocaridina + caridina i thougt that could't be done.
othervise i think it is your rilli shrimps there made a blue jelly shrimp or the new name blue fairy lol blue jelly is now a taiwan bee.
what is pfr ? and i would love to see your shrimp one day.

You know what... That's what everyone said and I thought so but not the case. Rili and Painted Fire Red (PFR) is the very first shrimp tank I setup more than 2yrs ago. After keeping Rili and PFR for months, I was attracted to Tibee and OEBT. Thus, I bought a dozen of OEBT and BKK. Since that time I just started, my OEBT and BKK does not breed well. After a few of months, they started to berried. At that time, I have a nursery tank that I will move berried mummies there. After more than a month, all the eggs from the OEBT and BKK gone and I saw a whole bunch of Rili babies (I have Rili mummies in the nursery tank too). Initially, since I'm a newbie, I thought all the OEBT and BKK babies perished.

As the babies grow bigger, I see strange color developing. The red patches are smaller and the body is either blue or black. I even get PFR babies that has black patches. After that I concluded, they do cross breed. For about a year, all my shrimps are ridiculously ugly (uneven pattern and color) and I regretted so much of putting them together. After a year, even though the color still not like the parent, it does look OK. At that time, I'm already considered a experience shrimper and have dozen of tanks, I started to do a little bit of selective breeding. Ultimately, I get this result.

Below are some picture of the green gene shrimp branched out from this lightning blue gene:

monjak2444
26th Jul 2013, 08:51 PM
i know neocaridinas spawn when u mix them u get crazy colors of shrimps an the color variate alot that could explain the black spots on your shrims,alot of my blue jelly (blue fairy)when i got them had red spot on because it was not the highest grade.
i dont think it can be done,but you can convince me by provin it :)take a female rilli an a oebt male an lets se some action :)

hyoushoku
27th Jul 2013, 03:18 PM
i know neocaridinas spawn when u mix them u get crazy colors of shrimps an the color variate alot that could explain the black spots on your shrims,alot of my blue jelly (blue fairy)when i got them had red spot on because it was not the highest grade.
i dont think it can be done,but you can convince me by provin it :)take a female rilli an a oebt male an lets se some action :)

See some action? LOL!!!! It only last few seconds. I doubt I can do that unless I'm retired and sit there whole day and watch out for action.

However, I still have a few black Rili that I can show you. Wait till they come out and I take a picture for you.

monjak2444
28th Jul 2013, 09:11 AM
lol i did't mean u should sit infront of the aquaryum an document all the time lol,just take a male an female an force breed them ill believe the outcome.
i have 6-7 black rillis to,my friend made them from sqratch,an the orange rillis are going crazy whit baby right now inzane.
but i dont no if my black rillis look like carbon rilli or are they the same shrimp.

shrimp up

hyoushoku
28th Jul 2013, 10:28 AM
lol i did't mean u should sit infront of the aquaryum an document all the time lol,just take a male an female an force breed them ill believe the outcome.
i have 6-7 black rillis to,my friend made them from sqratch,an the orange rillis are going crazy whit baby right now inzane.
but i dont no if my black rillis look like carbon rilli or are they the same shrimp.

shrimp up

My Black Rili is red Rili with black transparent body. It's a ugly mix with BKK, not those you can buy outside.

monjak2444
29th Jul 2013, 05:14 PM
looking forward to some pictures.

JasmineCollee
16th Aug 2013, 10:50 PM
I want to get these Blue Rili but didn't know how to get them, did anyone of you want to share or exchange this? Actually in my area it's really hard to buy this blue or red Rili that's why i'm asking you for this favor.

hyoushoku
16th Aug 2013, 11:02 PM
I want to get these Blue Rili but didn't know how to get them, did anyone of you want to share or exchange this? Actually in my area it's really hard to buy this blue or red Rili that's why i'm asking you for this favor.

I don't think it is easy to courier into Pakistan. You may need to see anyone in the forum who are in Pakistan and has these sort of neo. :(

monjak2444
17th Aug 2013, 08:56 PM
did u get some pictures hyo

hyoushoku
17th Aug 2013, 10:18 PM
did u get some pictures hyo

Don't see them come out. Hard to find shrimp in planted tank, especially neo tanks that has hundreds or even thousand of them. :(

I will try to find them again after I'm back from my trip.

hyoushoku
17th Aug 2013, 10:35 PM
Ah... One of them just came out. I don't have proper camera, only have iPhone and GoPro, thus it may not be able to see clearly.

If you see the red area at the head and tail area, you should be able to see opaque black spotting and edging. The body transparent area has black spotting if you see it in person.