PDA

View Full Version : nutrafin cycle

Claudio Cabral
27th May 2006, 07:17 PM
Hi! anyone use nutrafin cycle, every week? in the bottle says to add weekly to maintain biological balance.
And another question, how do you clean the bottom of your tank?

babypiggy
27th May 2006, 11:12 PM
Hi! anyone use nutrafin cycle, every week? in the bottle says to add weekly to maintain biological balance.
And another question, how do you clean the bottom of your tank?
I know a few people keeping planted tanks.
They don't really gravel vac the substrate.
Most of the substrate is like soil so it will get sucked out of the tank and into your sink. But you can use your hand to disturb the bottom and use your gravel vac to suck up the stuff.

morphriz
6th Jul 2006, 05:30 PM
Hi White_Fin
I dont think using chemicals to "maintain a biological balance" is a good idea. During startup some people use biostarters like NitriVec and that can be a good idea. When the tank is established it will maintain itself and keep a good biological balace. If your tank does not then you probably have a incorrect setup, like to high stocklevel or inadequate filtration. Chemcial agents like chloramin in your tapwater might also be a cause. Using chemicals on a regular basis will not fix the problem.

Do you have a problem in your tank?
cheers
Mattias

Claudio Cabral
7th Jul 2006, 03:34 AM
Thanks for your help morphriz. I don't have any problems with the parameters, but I thought that could be used to renew the bacterial colony, and make it better.