PDA

View Full Version : Which of these Shrimp will Cross-breed?

azn_fishy55
1st May 2006, 02:30 PM
Since I am trying to keep a large veriety of shrimp in different tanks,I would like to know which shrimps cross breed and which will not,because I don't want any hybrids.Also,will any of these shrimp tolerate an specific gravity reading of 1.005,I am going to set-up a brackish tank for some fish and wondering of any shrimps can live with them.I already know Amanos can tolerate brackish water.Which of these shrimp will cross-breed:
Green Shrimp(Cardina cf. babaulti spp. 'green')
Rudolph Shrimp(Cardina gracilirostris)
Red Cherry Shrimp(Neocardina denticula sinensis)
Crystal Red Shrimp(Cardina sp. 'Crystal Red')
Bumble Bee Shrimp(Cardina sp. 'New Bee')
Bee Shrimp(Cardina sp. 'Bee")
Amano Shrimp(Cardina japonica)
Tiger Shrimp(Cardina sp.'Tiger')
I amlready know CRS with interbreed with Bee Shrimp and Tiger Shrimp,but I am not sure with the others.

gr81
1st May 2006, 06:47 PM
Since I am trying to keep a large veriety of shrimp in different tanks,I would like to know which shrimps cross breed and which will not,because I don't want any hybrids.Also,will any of these shrimp tolerate an specific gravity reading of 1.005,I am going to set-up a brackish tank for some fish and wondering of any shrimps can live with them.I already know Amanos can tolerate brackish water.Which of these shrimp will cross-breed:
Green Shrimp(Cardina cf. babaulti spp. 'green')
Rudolph Shrimp(Cardina gracilirostris)
Red Cherry Shrimp(Neocardina denticula sinensis)
Crystal Red Shrimp(Cardina sp. 'Crystal Red')
Bumble Bee Shrimp(Cardina sp. 'New Bee')
Bee Shrimp(Cardina sp. 'Bee")
Amano Shrimp(Cardina japonica)
Tiger Shrimp(Cardina sp.'Tiger')
I amlready know CRS with interbreed with Bee Shrimp and Tiger Shrimp,but I am not sure with the others.
Tiger X Bee X BumbleBee X CRS will cross.
Others not. (I'm not much sure about C. gracilirostris x C. japonica, but you probably will not breed them so that's not problem)

babypiggy
1st May 2006, 10:22 PM
I know volcano shrimps lives in brackish waters.
They look liek cherries, but half their size and their red is really really nice.

gr81
2nd May 2006, 02:26 AM
I know volcano shrimps lives in brackish waters.
They look liek cherries, but half their size and their red is really really nice.

Volcano? :undecided Do you think Halocaridina rubra? They are really hard and cute. But I didn't see them here in central europe :cry:
You should jump to Hawaii for them lol

Sweet Angel
4th May 2006, 11:22 AM
Hawaii seems fun...! :D

azn_fishy55
4th May 2006, 11:30 AM
Just came back from there, if only I knew earlier T_T.