PDA

View Full Version : Pregnant Cherry + Molting

babypiggy
30th Apr 2006, 11:46 PM
Hi Everyone,
I had three pregnant Cherry shrimp, but after about 2 weeks I found two had molted with the eggs.... >(

Is there any way I can stop them molting during the gestation of carrying the eggs? It may be a stupid question. Maybe feed less? I feed them about 4 lobster cuisine pellets everyday. I have about 10 - 15 shrimps.

gr81
1st May 2006, 05:01 AM
Hi Everyone,
I had three pregnant Cherry shrimp, but after about 2 weeks I found two had molted with the eggs.... >(

Is there any way I can stop them molting during the gestation of carrying the eggs? It may be a stupid question. Maybe feed less? I feed them about 4 lobster cuisine pellets everyday. I have about 10 - 15 shrimps.
That's strange, because hormones have to avoid them from moulting.
Maybe there is other problem why they moult, I don't know it. But as I have many cherries I never saw that before.

babypiggy
1st May 2006, 12:11 PM
That's strange, because hormones have to avoid them from moulting.
Maybe there is other problem why they moult, I don't know it. But as I have many cherries I never saw that before.
Hmmm I find that very strange. But I think One of my cherries gave birth
:D

Also I see white little dots darting around the tank. It's not circular but more oval shape kinda of. Hard to see because it's so tiny. It cannot be red nose shrimp larvae cuz they need brackish water. So any idea what is in there?