PDA

View Full Version : what should I do?

Claudio Cabral
25th Apr 2006, 06:28 PM
Hi! i've a little problem here, i've been trying to low ph in my tank, but it was always in the same mark 7.2, even when I put some acid to low ph. but today ph has dropped to 6.6. I have add the same quantity of acid. i need a little help to know what should I do to put ph at 6.8. tonight died one of my bees, i think is due to ph! help please.

retardo
25th Apr 2006, 11:55 PM
Why are you trying to adjust the pH?

My recommendation: stop playing with your pH. Shrimp can live in a wide variety of pH values without any harm done to them and will breed for you as long as they like your water. While it may be true that some shrimp prefer lower pH or softer water, they are not requirements. We can't provide them optimal water conditions all the time; we can only provide something suitable for them. Should they thrive, they will proliferate via reproduction. Consider the fact that we all live in different parts of the world with all different types of water and water treatments. Yet, we are able to keep shrimp alive and get them to breed, although not all the time.

Claudio Cabral
26th Apr 2006, 03:14 AM
I try adjust ph because i've read that my CRS and New Bees, like ph around 6.8. I would like give them best quality of life! maybe that was my mistake! do you think a ph around 6.6 is good for them? thanks for your reply!