PDA

View Full Version : Horny CRS(The survivor) reminds me of the tom hanks movie

simcb
2nd Apr 2005, 08:27 AM
This morning i saw my survivor CRS, I guess its a male ...can see the sperm duct undereath its belly. I saw it chasing a few female cherries.

It manage to catch hold of one and mount it for like 30 secs. Mating?
I think it would probably fail cause the female didnt mould....the sperm wouldnt penerate its hard shell lolz and they belong to a totally different breed.

Maybe i should get a few more crs to accompany it. It is the only survivor after the HDB nuke killed all my crs and diamonds and i think its starting to get lonely. The frequent fogging is due to 2 dengue fever case in my area.(bedok reservoir) and has recently stopped the fogging after 6 fogging events in three weeks. I think there is more than 30 baby cherries(few months old) and 4-5 of my first generation cherry around in my planted 2ft tank still doing and eating well.

Its been 2 weeks, man time passed really fast. I am still montioring my water condition to see if there is any more deaths..........cant wait to add in some crs and diamonds.

Should i get some more crs and diamonds to accompany the survivor?
Any advise?

Walter
2nd Apr 2005, 11:40 AM
Maybe you should wait till their fogging stops :)

simcb
2nd Apr 2005, 11:49 AM
Maybe you should wait till their fogging stops :)

They stopped...however i am not sure is my tank insecticide free. It should be.

Walter
2nd Apr 2005, 11:56 AM
If the current shrimps in there are doing well and healthy i guess its free :)

maybe u can start with adding in a few new cherries in 1st and observe for a few days

silane
2nd Apr 2005, 02:57 PM
I observed when my shrimps mate, the male mounted on female and tremble for a few seconds, so I guess this is the time that sperm is deposited? Do you see the same thing?

simcb
2nd Apr 2005, 04:38 PM
I observed when my shrimps mate, the male mounted on female and tremble for a few seconds, so I guess this is the time that sperm is deposited? Do you see the same thing?

Yes but i tot the female has to moult first right? ....Yes thats mating. I observed my cherries doing that too.

silane
2nd Apr 2005, 04:47 PM
Moulted female releases pheromone to tell male, she is ready :).

Walter
2nd Apr 2005, 08:34 PM
Moulted female releases pheromone to tell male, she is ready :).

oic this is new knowledge for me, thanks :D

anyway so the Q, is it true females have to moult 1st?

BlueEL
4th Apr 2005, 12:20 PM
Just like human beings, need to take the clothes off before they mate...hehe

Bocca
12th Apr 2005, 08:19 AM
this is something new to me about the mating of crs discussed here. :D
guess i will keep a look out for mine too.

Pconnieae
12th Apr 2005, 08:58 AM
Moulted female releases pheromone to tell male, she is ready

I have just seen that with my bee shrimps. When I bought them, none of the females were pregnant. Two days ago I found 2 molts in the tank. Now I have 2 females carrying eggs :) .

simcb
12th Apr 2005, 09:07 AM
I have just seen that with my bee shrimps. When I bought them, none of the females were pregnant. Two days ago I found 2 molts in the tank. Now I have 2 females carrying eggs :) .

Congrats! :grin2:

gigahertz
14th Apr 2005, 08:40 AM
I noticed the same thing! I recently added some Tiger Shrimps to my Crystal Red Tank and I noticed these 2 male CRS kept trying to mount the Tiger lady shrimps!

It was comical to watch! The tiger shrimp are like twice the size of the CRS and either they get bumped off or just totally ignored.....poor shrimpies, how frustrating! :D