PDA

View Full Version : Lowering NO3

gr81
10th Apr 2006, 10:51 PM
How should I reduce amount of NO3 in tank. I don't overfeed. Change water frequently, but still have 20-30 mg/l NO3 in CRS tank. Tap watter is about 20 mg/l. Fast growing plant does not help much. Should I try something like Zeolith to lower amount of N.? But someone told me, that Zeolith can contain heavy metals, so am I afraid....
what to do?

silane
23rd Apr 2006, 08:34 PM
How should I reduce amount of NO3 in tank. I don't overfeed. Change water frequently, but still have 20-30 mg/l NO3 in CRS tank. Tap watter is about 20 mg/l. Fast growing plant does not help much. Should I try something like Zeolith to lower amount of N.? But someone told me, that Zeolith can contain heavy metals, so am I afraid....
what to do?

Given the right conditions, fast growing plant will grow and they have to take in N to grow with P and K. If your fast growing plant is not taking that much NO3 as expected, it would be you don't have enough plant, K or P. In all cases, fast growing plant do better with ample light and CO2 injection.

morphriz
6th Jul 2006, 05:34 PM
Floating plants or plants growing emersed help out since they can take CO2 from the atmosphere.
//Mattias