PDA

View Full Version : yoyo loach + shrimps?

babypiggy
5th Apr 2006, 05:21 AM
hi guys

wondering if i can put yoyo loach and shrimps together in a heavily planted 72 gallon tank?

YuccaPatrol
5th Apr 2006, 08:02 AM
Shrimp won't harm your Yo-Yo loaches at all. Your loaches will be safe. :wacky:

But your shrimp will either have to hide all the time or else become shrimp cocktail for loaches. :shocked:

babypiggy
5th Apr 2006, 11:01 AM
Shrimp won't harm your Yo-Yo loaches at all. Your loaches will be safe. :wacky:

But your shrimp will either have to hide all the time or else become shrimp cocktail for loaches. :shocked:
oh crap
that's what i was afraid of..
:(

is this the same for adult shrimps?

shrimp
5th Apr 2006, 11:33 AM
oh crap
that's what i was afraid of..
:(

is this the same for adult shrimps?

I had a few looch in my CRS tank. I noticed that the CRS will get stressed out when the looch swim pass. This will cause them to hide away most of the time. Furthermore as far as breeding of CRS is a concern, unnecessary stress will cause the the pregnant CRS to drop the eggs.

in short looch in CRS tank ..... not a very good idea :)

babypiggy
5th Apr 2006, 12:05 PM
I had a few looch in my CRS tank. I noticed that the CRS will get stressed out when the looch swim pass. This will cause them to hide away most of the time. Furthermore as far as breeding of CRS is a concern, unnecessary stress will cause the the pregnant CRS to drop the eggs.

in short looch in CRS tank ..... not a very good idea :)

not breeding jsut asking bout adult shrimp is they are ok form the yoyo loach

shrimp
5th Apr 2006, 01:57 PM
not breeding jsut asking bout adult shrimp is they are ok form the yoyo loach

ic.... The shrimps wont die but the will live in occasional stress. The Loach is ok. :)

babypiggy
5th Apr 2006, 10:40 PM
ic.... The shrimps wont die but the will live in occasional stress. The Loach is ok. :)
Oh ok.
I was actually more worried about the shrimps and not the loach.
:huh:

acbaldwin
7th Apr 2006, 02:35 AM
I have 6 large (~12 cm) yoyo loaches in my 55 gallon tank with my colony of cherry shrimp. 5 months ago I had 30 juveniles. Now I have hundreds.
Just keep your loaches well fed and losses will not be noticable.

babypiggy
7th Apr 2006, 11:02 PM
I have 6 large (~12 cm) yoyo loaches in my 55 gallon tank with my colony of cherry shrimp. 5 months ago I had 30 juveniles. Now I have hundreds.
OK. That's great.
Thanks for the reinsurance.

shrimp
8th Apr 2006, 09:27 AM

Haha I like your last line... "losses will not be noticable". lol