PDA

View Full Version : Red Rili

elwaynetan
22nd Aug 2012, 02:10 PM
Hi,

Anybody to advise if Red Rilis do well in room temperature of 28 - 30 degrees celsius in Singapore? Doing a check since chillers are expensive...

Also, anywhere or breeders I can approach for blue rilis?

Thanks!

RONY11
22nd Aug 2012, 04:13 PM
I am keeping Red Rilis and the temperature is around 28-29 degrees, they are fine .
Just blow a fan over yr tank to reduce the temperature. My fan reduces 2 degrees compared to the room temperature. Also add an air stone to aerate yr tank esp.in hot summers. I've heard of hobbyists keeping them upto 30 degrees.

elwaynetan
22nd Aug 2012, 04:22 PM
I am keeping Red Rilis and the temperature is around 28-29 degrees, they are fine .
Just blow a fan over yr tank to reduce the temperature. My fan reduces 2 degrees compared to the room temperature. Also add an air stone to aerate yr tank esp.in hot summers. I've heard of hobbyists keeping them upto 30 degrees.

ahhh... Thanks for the info. I tried keeping Rilis in that temperature too.. But the died off a while later. If that is the case, perhaps it's not the temperature issue, but more of water parameters...But I supposed they will do better in lower temperatures like 18 - 23? I read that info from shrimpkeeping.

RONY11
22nd Aug 2012, 04:43 PM
I live in a city near the sea so we have 31-36 degrees in summer but the moisture is 67-80 percent.
What is yr PH, KH, GH, TDS. Also check that yr nitrate, phosphates levels. Ammonia and Nitrite should be 0.
Shrimps can die due to many reasons from wrong accimilation, stress, predators (fish,hydra,etc) to disease outburst especially in summer, insecticide/pesticides/perfume/airfreshner sprayed, medication/fertilizers containing copper, etc.
Rili's are neo cardina's so they're hardier compared to cardina's like CRS, tigers, Bees, etc. whose ideal temp. are 18-23 degrees. Just like sulawesi shrimps like to be kept 26-30 degrees depends on the type and habitat they live in the respective lakes at sulawesi.

elwaynetan
22nd Aug 2012, 05:10 PM
I live in a city near the sea so we have 31-36 degrees in summer but the moisture is 67-80 percent.
What is yr PH, KH, GH, TDS. Also check that yr nitrate, phosphates levels. Ammonia and Nitrite should be 0.
Shrimps can die due to many reasons from wrong accimilation, stress, predators (fish,hydra,etc) to disease outburst especially in summer, insecticide/pesticides/perfume/airfreshner sprayed, medication/fertilizers containing copper, etc. decided
Rili's are neo cardina's so they're hardier compared to cardina's like CRS, tigers, Bees, etc. whose ideal temp. are 18-23 degrees. Just like sulawesi shrimps like to be kept 26-30 degrees depends on the type and habitat they live in the respective lakes at sulawesi.

True... that was what I gathered as well. I will go test them out when i am cycling my new tank. Have not really decided what to keep in it first. But i will be cycling it to the most ideal condition for most species before deciding what to put in it. :)