PDA

View Full Version : Tibee genetics discussion

Speedie408
3rd Aug 2012, 11:34 PM
I'll soon be obtaining some F1 Tibee's (Tiger x bee shrimp). Will any breeder with experience care to share what type of offspring will result from breeding these hybrids back to other Caridina sp, such ie. BKK, Snow white, Tiger, etc. I've only heard that the f2,f3,f4 may all look ugly like the f1's but there will be some offspring that will result in some amazing shrimp.

From what I've read and understand, f1 crosses are usually just carriers of genetics that can be used to create surprising results if bred back to the parents. Similar concept as breeding mischlings back with BKK to obtain more BKK.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Nick

GeToChKn
4th Aug 2012, 04:55 AM
Nevermind, saw you're talking tiger's, not taiwan's. lol.

Speedie408
4th Aug 2012, 05:11 AM
I'm referring to shrimp that pop out looking like this one:
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/alphaQup/1407030f.jpg

I've only been hinted :). I just want to find out if any other breeder on here has the formula. Please do share if you know since breeding out a shrimp similar to the one above would be a dream come true for me. :D

Bratyboy2
4th Aug 2012, 01:25 PM
Nick...just my theory on this shrimp is that this is a crystal white bred with a bkk...

As for the others I have seen...those have probably been multiple times to different color morphs and bred again with certain kinds that showed a much desired trait or need...more blue? I would choose any of the black bkk, royal blue tigers, black tigers, or orange eye blue tigers...mixing them all will not only result in better genetics but also a lesser risk of being sterile.

Im working with a tangarine tiger X crs combo...

Bratyboy2
4th Aug 2012, 01:42 PM
Btw the crystal white X bkk im actually testing now..need the momma to get berried.

Also another thing I have read is that the mothers appearance is more dominant...which would explain why I have more bkk then panda in my babies

Speedie408
8th Aug 2012, 03:33 PM
Nick...just my theory on this shrimp is that this is a crystal white bred with a bkk...

As for the others I have seen...those have probably been multiple times to different color morphs and bred again with certain kinds that showed a much desired trait or need...more blue? I would choose any of the black bkk, royal blue tigers, black tigers, or orange eye blue tigers...mixing them all will not only result in better genetics but also a lesser risk of being sterile.

Im working with a tangarine tiger X crs combo...

Good luck on your tangerine crosses. As far as your theory, you may be correct to a certain degree, but from what I've been told, the F1 crosses are ugly. It's their genes that you want out of them, so you should cross those back to either Tiger or BKK to get some cool looking shrimp in the later F2, F3, and so on.

Btw the crystal white X bkk im actually testing now..need the momma to get berried.

Also another thing I have read is that the mothers appearance is more dominant...which would explain why I have more bkk then panda in my babies

Again, good luck on this project as well. Keep us posted Brad.

Bratyboy2
8th Aug 2012, 04:21 PM
Good luck on your tangerine crosses. As far as your theory, you may be correct to a certain degree, but from what I've been told, the F1 crosses are ugly. It's their genes that you want out of them, so you should cross those back to either Tiger or BKK to get some cool looking shrimp in the later F2, F3, and so on.

Thats what im getting at...from our emails you are getting the f1s...ugly...breed these to one of the ones I mention above and you will be increasing the pattern and color.

SchorpioenW
25th Aug 2013, 05:57 PM
Please post your results. I like these kinds of crossbreeding.